Friday, 26 November 2010

Dream it into Reality

I had a dream last night.  I have dreams just about every night, so I try not to make too big of a deal out of them.  And this one was probably a turkey and NyQuil induced dream (yes, I have succumbed to NyQuil for my cold, you CANNOT mess with my sleep).  And with that, before we go any further...you must see this...



Alright...sorry.  Just a brief post intermission there.  At any rate, generally when I have dreams I wake up from them with a giggle thinking "Oh my, what silly-ness."  But this morning when I awoke my thought was, "Wow, I must really want to do this."  "Can I do this?  Would it be possible?" 

My dream was about running in a race.  I was in the town I spent my high school years in running a race from one end of town, over the toll bridge and into the adjoining city.  I didn't win or anything, but that wasn't really the point.  The point was that I did finish and I wasn't last...

I've never been a "runner" before.  In fact, if you're curious, remind me to tell you about the time the gym teacher called my mother in elementary school because I REFUSED to run even ONE step of "the mile" for my fitness test.  Anyway, I've done some water jogging in water aerobics, some above-ground jogging to keep my heart rate up between sets at Curves and now beginning with C25k, I'm starting to see it as a possibility.  In fact, I think I'm going to dream it into reality.  If I'm taking the training, I might as well attempt to also reap the end rewards?  Right?  Right!  I'm going to begin researching upcoming 5k's... 

This isn't the NyQuil talking?  Is it?  ?:-/

1 comment:

  1. first reply? deep and thoughtful only to have the internet gods reject the reality of its merit and make it vanish.

    it was something about how i started to run in spring for the first time in my life. i loved it and used the july heat to as an excuse to quit. and even though it's getting cold, i'm craving it now again. and how you made my itch itchier.

    let's do this thing. ((fist bump, hip tap))

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)