Tuesday, 28 December 2010

Mommy, WOW! I'm a big girl now!

I'm so glad to have new followers who are being challenged by Suzi!!  She is truly INSPIRING people to take control of their lives!  And I don't mean in the freakish way that I am at all. :)

True to form, I took the dog on several 10 minutes walks yesterday, and today I FINALLY managed to get back into the gym.  I know it's by sheer luck and food control that I've consistently showed losses this month because it certainly wasn't done with exercise.  I went after work today and did the usual 30 minute circuit.  I'm still not feeling totally out of my funk.  I didn't enjoy the workout like I did before.  I'm feeling bored with it.  Which, is a problem seeing as I signed a year-long membership just 3 months ago.  So, I'm going to have to find some exciting activity to do in between days.  Stay tuned...

I think I've got a case of hundreditis.  I can't decided if it's actually a bad thing or not.  I am reveling in the fact that I've lost 100 lbs.  I know that I still have almost 70 left to lose before I reach a healthy weight, but I am letting myself feel accomplished over losing 100 lbs.  Apparently with a bit of laziness in the exercise department.  *shrug*  I suppose that just goes to show that even after a year of healthy habits- it's still VERY easy to get lax and fall back into living a stagnant life.

I read somewhere that exercise is 60% heart, 30% mind, and 10% body.  I'm struggling with that right now.  That whole thing about doing shit you hate even though you know you're just gonna hate it "will power," I've never been good at.  I'm really terrible at convincing myself do things I don't really want to do.  I'm hoping that I will eventually mature more into this idea, but as it is now, I generally choose NOT to do things when my heart is not into it.  But, this time, I'm not willing to lose any progress.  The loitering at this activity level inevitably will bring me to a plateau, I'm sure.  So this will be a new education for me.  I guess I'll just consider it "practice" for the future.  Mommy, WOW!  I'm a big girl now!

5 comments:

  1. I understand re: the exercise. I have the same issue re: motivating myself to do things I do not really enjoy. There are more things I enjoy exercise-wise when it's not winter so I am finding it harder to do things now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting the exercise in! Dog walks plus gym is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzi is wonderful, isn't she? Love her weekly challenges.

    100 pounds lost is awesome. That is definitely something to be proud of. Way to go!

    As far as the exercise blahs, maybe try something different. Different exercise video or class (Zumba and spinning is a lot of fun!) or walking at a new location. I get bored too. I tried to do Shred for 30 days and lasted a little longer than a week. Need variety. Maybe ride a bike! Hula hoop. Jump rope. Dance. It all burns calories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my Wii exercises. They are tons of fun and I feel more like I am playing than burning off calories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to believe it is mostly mind that sees us execute on our commitments. Get your mind involved, and what is possible become probable.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)