Saturday, 18 December 2010

100lbs! Top 7 Major Things

My weigh-in was today and I have now officially lost 104.4 lbs!  So, I thought I share with you all a few things that I feel helped to get me here!  So many things have changed.  But, then I realized that, no, it really only seems that way because of how changing has made me feel.  So I just listed the 7 major things that have changed for me this year. 

Top 10  7 Major Things
(that have helped me lose 100lbs)
1.  Never before in my life have I ever eaten so many fruits and vegetables.  Today I bought the following in hopes I won't have to return to the grocery store until after Christmas (9 days or so.) 
9 bananas, 3 apples, a bag of cranberries, 2 crowns of broccoli, 2 lbs of brussels sprouts, 2 onions, 2 sweet potatoes, a pint of mushrooms- in my fridge, left overs from last week include a bag of carrots, half of an onion, and a box of spinach.

2.  80% of the food I eat are made from fresh ingredients that I picked on my own and then prepared with my own hands in my own kitchen.  Of the other 20%- half of that is from prepared, frozen foods from brands I trust, and the other half is incidentals and meals from a restaurant.  I am aware of the start-to-finish process of what I consume in 90% of my diet.  And, often enough I would consider it 100% awareness because I often simply choose not to consume what I now refer to as "mystery edibles."

3.  I can't remember the last time I've eaten hamburger or red meat in general.  In fact, I can't remember the last time I've eaten any form of land animal other than eggs.  I remember when I first started WW, as soon as my weigh in and meeting let out, I would go celebrate by treating myself to a 24pt Big Mac and 4pt small fry.  Now I don't go to McDonald's at all because the only "meatless" semi-healthy thing on the menu are really crappy iceberg lettuce salads and even the dressing sucks. 

4.  I have participated in 5 different exercise-related activities.  Water aerobics, bike riding, walking my first 5K, joining Curves, and now I've begun the C25K running program.  I don't love every minute of it, but I continue to push myself and it's a wonderful thing to be able to feel impressed with yourself.

5.  I have gone from a snug 3X (26-28) shirt to a L (18/20) shirt.  I have gone from a size 30 jeans down to a size 20.  I'm down 3 bra sizes and 2 cups sizes, 2 sizes in underwear, 2.5 ring sizes, down a shoe size.  From wearing earrings I can tell that even my earlobes have lost fat.  I can see and feel my collarbones, hip bones, tail bones, ribs, the carpels in my hands and muscle definition all over.  Seeing the results definitely has fueled my motivation.

6.  I'm pretty much a 50/50 mix of my mom and dad when it comes to looks.  It used to be that people mostly told me I looked like my also obese father- now they more often tell me that I look SO much like my healthy, fit mother.  So while noticing the change in my own body is a wonderful feeling, having OTHER people notice my weight loss efforts in all kinds of different ways: priceless.

7.  The relationship with my husband has strengthened.  He didn't dislike the old me, of course, but I think he really does enjoy my new energy and confidence.  We have enjoyed cooking together and going on long walks or bike rides.  My husband is a chef, so it's flattering for him to ask ME for a recipe.  I have outgrown his knowledge on the preparation of healthy, vegetarian ingredients and he has enjoyed many of the recipes I've created this year.

So there you have it.  A bit disorganized, but, that's how I roll.  I still have 60-70lbs to lose until I will be in the "healthy" range for my height and age.  But, I'm already passed the half way point and I'm not in a hurry.  Going to be a fun ride!

4 comments:

  1. That's the thing I have learned - NOT TO BE IN A HURRY! I'm so glad that's your attitude because I believe it's what brings long lasting success in this battle. Congrats. You look fabulous and I love your courageous header.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohooo! Go you C! You did it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing!!!!!! You are an inspiration! I've lost my mojo, but after reading your post I am ready to take the bull by the horns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! What a journey you've had.

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)