Sunday, 2 January 2011

Happy New Year!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  I'm sorry I've been absent this week.  There were things I wanted to tell you about, but it seemed that every time I managed to find a bit of time of the computer, emails and other things kept me away.  Anyway, I'm here now.  I've been reading your entries here and there and I'm really thrilled to see some of you making some really AWESOME goals for the coming year!  I can't wait to help you celebrate your victories in the coming months. 

I'm hoping that this is the year I will reach my goal weight.  I only count the scale at my meetings and haven't been to a meeting in two weeks (I go on Saturdays which were Holidays for the past two weeks), so I'm not sure what exactly my current weight is.  But, my scale at home has me down a few pounds, so I know I'm headed in the right direction.  According to my height and age, a healthy weight range for me is 140-160lbs.  My mother (who is 5'5'' and 52y/o and an avid runner) weighs 136lbs, so 140 for me seemed a bit on the low end.  And, I'd like to have a 10lbs "healthy weight" cushion, so I'm shooting for 150lbs and I'll decide where I'm at from there.  I estimate that that means I have about 60lbs left to lose.

Seeing that in print is very- VERY cool.  I can't ever remember being that close to a healthy weight.  Obviously, I must have been gaining with no inhibitions to have not witnessed it on the way UP the scale.  And, when I really think about it, I'm am BLOWN AWAY at the fact that I really and truly believe that I WILL see 150lbs as my weight in the near future.  A year ago, I was going meal-to-meal in hopes I would be able to continue to make good decisions.  I had no confidence in setting goals.  Now I KNOW without a doubt that I will be able to achieve my goal weight.

But, everything is easier in baby steps and so I'm planning to set a few smaller goals to help me get there.  The first is that in about 10lbs I will "walk my way into ONEderland!"  For the first time since middle school there will be a '1' at the beginning of my weight.  That is freakin' AUHMAZING if you ask me.  I've spent all of my adult life in the 2 and 3 hundreds.  I'm really excited about it!  Once I achieve that, then the celebrations will be in -10lbs increments.  Five of them.  It sounds surreal for me to say that I am within 5 baby steps of my goal, healthy weight.  Seriously, I would say it's unbelievable but, I DO believe it.  And if you believe, you can achieve!  ...Sorry...that was corny. :)

Lots of new recipes coming.  In the next few days, I'll be making and eating Sweet Potato and Oat muffins for breakfast, Spaghetti Squares for my Planet Box work lunches, and Split Pea Soup for filler.  I also need to refill the unending container of beans and brown rice in some form in my fridge at all times.  Bean stew, baked beans, chili, Cuban beans and rice.  I eat a LOT of beans and rice.  I'm also debating on making Lasagna Rolls, we'll see how much food the other recipes produce.  My husband is a bean pole and refuses to eat anything with vegetables in it, so I only cook for myself.  Which means, I am responsible for consuming the left overs for the rest of the week of whatever I make.  The Spaghetti Squares, Cuban Beans and Rice, and Lasagna Rolls are all the recipes coming from the "Favorite Brand Name Vegetarian 3 Books in 1" cookbook I got for Christmas.  I'll post them as I go.  You guys let me know what you think of the recipe posts.  If you get sick of them, don't be shy about letting me know!!

I'm thinking about starting to roller blade in the spring.  I used to roller skate ALL THE TIME as a kid.  But, I understand through my young cousin that roller skating is not NEARLY as cool as roller blading is.  So, for cool points- I'm willing to blade.  I'm considering justifying the expense of the equipment to be a reward for continuing my boring gym time for the next few months.  I'm thinking that I'll put stickers on the calender.  If I go to the gym 3 times a week from now until warm weather, then I've earned the right to a new activity.  I think it sounds like a plan...

Here's to achieving our goals!  CHEERS!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really reasonable weight goal - just right. Mine is about the same, and I am also 5'5. I'm so excited about your ascent into the world of Onderland...it is a glorious day. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found rollerblading to be more difficult on my feet than roller skating is. Now, I have not tried rollerblades since 1995, but I loves me some rollerskates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read about your journey. It's going to be a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your post excites me. I am sure you will reach your goals. I haven't seen 1-derland in forever and I'm going there with you. My goal is the same - 150 and my height is the same 5'5". Let's go!!! PS - would love to see the recipe posts. I'm always looking for good, healthy recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)