Monday, 24 January 2011

See C. Shrink!

I finally found a new pair of jeans at the Goodwill this weekend!  I go every weekend- but for some reason it is REALLY hard to find whatever size pants I'm looking for in a pair of decent jeans.  I guess that most people wear jeans until they fall apart, so viable ones don't often end up at the GW in plus sizes.  Anyway, the jeans I had been wearing were a size 22 pair of Revolt jeans.  I loved them well for about 3 months, but nearing the end of that third month, I was having to pull them back up every few steps because they were really getting too big. 

I'm always on the lookout for jeans in the next size down, but this time took me a LOT longer to find a decent pair.  What I found this weekend was a pair of Lane Bryant Right Fit jeans (like these)  And, if you know anything about LB, they have a different kind of sizing chart for Right Fit jeans.  The one's I found were a Red Size 3 and they looked right, so I tried them on and they fit!  I was just happy to have a pair of jeans that fit and assumed that they were only a size down from the Rovolt's, which put me in a 20 and I was STOKED!  Funny thing is my cousin works for an LB store, so I texted her to explain the irony of me finding a $60 pair of jeans (probably sold from her store) for $4.00 at the GW.  She happened to text back, "Oh yeah?  What size are you now, anyway?"  I told her "Red Size 3- whatever that means."  And she said "HOLY SHIT!!  That's and 18!!!" 
    
I froze..."WTF?!  ARE YOU FO RIZZLE?!  I'M in an 18?!?!  WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I swear to you all, I jumped up and down in the dressing room!!!

I went down TWO sizes and I am officially out of the 20's!!  YAY!!!

So of course I run home to show my husband, and while I'm putting the jeans back on, I decide to also try on a shirt that has been in my closet for about 8 years.  Hubby bought it for me before we were married because he said it made him think about me.  (so sweet)  But, like most husbands, he had no idea as to what size I was.  He bought me a large when I was much more comfortable in a 2XL.  I wore it once around the house, but ever since then, it's been sitting in my closet waiting...  Occationally I try it on to see how much longer it's going to have to wait.  Well...you probably guessed already, but THERE WILL BE NO MORE WAITING!!!

IT FIT TOO!!

I am now at the smallest size I've been in probably 15 years.  I'm still considered plus size- but well on my way!  I'm totally stoked!  Also bought a new water aerobics swimsuit size 18!  Freakin' unbelievable!!  I just can't stop thinking about it!  I want to tell everyone! :oD


01/24/2010 Size 18!!


3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so awesome! You are looking good and I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! And look at that smile that just says it all :)

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)