Friday, 21 January 2011

Update on the Hap'nins

I'm sorry I've been absent.  For those of you who don't know, I'm in the final stretches of trying to get my Medical Transcription certification and it is seriously kicking my ass.  I'm in a CRAZY time crunch.  I have 6 weeks left to finish my final class and I'm just not sure if I'm going to be able to do it.  And, if I can do it, I will have just BARELY squeaked by.  There are plenty of working noncertified transcriptionists, so I know I'll at least get to continue practicing my skill, but I have a student loan for the program in the amount of $5,000 and I'm going to be super pissed if I have to pay all that money back without earning the certification.

The secret is that I'm really CRAPPY with stress.  I'm just not one of those people who handles it well.  Well, I take that back- give me a REAL emergency (think major hurricanes, missing body parts, blood and guts) and I'm as cool and collected as a still morning pond; developing a plan of action and delegating responsibility.  But, the daily grind of this deadline and that one, this correction and that, this assignment and that one...and all I want to do is curl up in my bed and forget I ever even tried.  ...Which I'll admit...is why I'm down to 6 weeks left and a whole class to complete.  Ugh...  Definitely HATE feeling like a failure.

My husband and friends have been reminding me that I changed a LOT of things in 2010.  Basically, my whole life, i.e. food, diet, exercise, cooking, Weight Watchers, a new baby at work, etc.  And I've not only succeeded at those things, I've absolutely EXCELLED.  And, in the long run, those things, those habits, are the real life-long kind that I will carry with me forever.  I was attempting to get my MT cert. just to have a little something extra to fall back on in hard times.  It was my plan B.  And, luckily, it's not one of those things that I can't do WITHOUT the certification.  So, if it takes me another year of practicing before I can take the test- so be it.  But I'll still need to find extra work to begin paying off the student loan.  Ugh...

So, I'm here, I'm still doing what I do  in the way of health, diet, and fitness.  I'm just also stressed OUT without a whole lot of time for, well, ...anything else.

2 comments:

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)