Sunday, 20 March 2011

Getting Back to Reality...

WOWZA!  50 Followers!  WELCOME!!  So happy to have you here.  I hope you won't be shy.  I look forward to getting to know you.  I got a lot of love from my last post and I really and deeply appreciate the support you have offered me.  Thank you!

Nothing so profound today, I'm afraid.  It is the last day of my "spring break" and if I can manage to find my mojo, I will spend most of it cooking for the week.  We will be making bread, 15 bean stew, hummus, a stir fry with Japanese (Nasoya) noodles, vegetarian dumplings, and prepping fruit and veggies for the week.  Oh, and I got a great haul of fresh green beans from Fresh Market yesterday, so I've got to decide how I'll be using those.  I can't WAIT for the garden to start producing and I can start "shopping" on my own porch. 



These are the two "sides" of our garden.  Hubby has been working in it for hours each day and it is really coming along.  We've never grown a garden before, and since we live in an apartment, we have to contend with the obstacles of using containers and full spectrum lighting.  So, we've planted quite a few different things to see what grows best.  By the way, I apparently speak french; I say "we" but it's really been Hubby's project, though I have helped plant a little.  Beans, peas, brussels sprouts, romaine, spinach, garlic, peppers, onions, chives, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, cat nip, pineapple, herbs, rice, beets, corn, strawberries, peanuts, and even an apple.  A lot more than we expected have started growing seedlings and we're hoping we will have the space to see them all into maturity.  Here's to hoping anyway...

I'm SERIOUSLY looking forward to seeing the kids tomorrow.  I know that mothers say that no love is as steady as from mother to child, but I truly believe that should be extended to nannies as well.  I miss the little boogers like CRAZY when they're not around.  Luckily, I'm sent lots of texts and pictures, and since 5-year-old can read, she likes to send me emails from the train. :-D  I'm so ready for the schedule to get back to normal.  February was tough, trading illnesses back and forth, and then a week long vacation.  It's tough for me, but even more so, it is a bit confusing for 9-month-old, who has to get to know me again every time.  We're right in the thick of separation anxiety and, though he's an extremely genial little boy, I'm sure it is a bit disconcerting for him.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

5 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. Its nice to get some downtime, but I always miss my kids something fierce by the time I get back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gardening :)I hope it grows great for ya!Have fun gettin back into the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seedlings!!! The hubby and I were just discussing a similar venture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your garden grow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're having a busy time, - hope you're still doing ok and things are well with you
    xXx
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)