Tuesday, 1 March 2011

New Playlist- New Bug

I've got a stomach bug.  Yes, that's right, that means I've been sick 2 weeks in a row.  (Not the whole time, but it's pretty annoying.)  I thought that eating healthy and exercising was supposed to help keep things like that from happening?  I'm a little bitter...

Before I came down with this bug, I found out that our community gym had aquired an elliptical machine.  I had been wanting to try ellippti-cising, but I'd never had access to one before.  Working out on machines gets boring for me, but the the fact that my speed is monitored usually means that I get a better workout than I do on my own. 

I don't know about you, but music really helps me set the tone for my workout.  Music is a big part of my life period.  First thing I do when my alarm clock goes off is turn the music on.  But, lately I've noticed that I'm skipping through my playlists pretty quickly, especially during exercise.  I knew that if I got on the elliptical without switching up my music, I would be finding an excuse to quit after 10 minutes or so.  So, I had to go to the source...iTunes!! 

I remade my playlist and headed out to the gym; 40 minutes later, I made myself get off for fear of overdoing it and ending up too sore to walk the next day!  The music REALLY helped me get through!

So, I thought I'd share it with you all here!

Run Away Baby - Bruno Mars
Holla Back Girl - Gwen Stefani
Sex On Fire - Kings of Leon
Bleed It Out - Linkin Park
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid - The Offspring
Hey Baby (Drop it to the floor) - Pitbull ft. T-Pain
Untouched - The Veronicas
Ayo Technology - 50 Cent ft. Justin Timberlake
Gimme More (Remix) - Britney Spears
All Alone - Gorillaz
Hot Revolver - Lil Wayne ft. Kevin Rudolph
Higher - Taio Cruz ft. Travie McCoy
Shut Up and Drive - Rihanna

If you can only afford to add one song to your playlist this month, make SURE you get Hey Baby (Drop it to the floor) by Pitbull and T-Pain.  I probably listened to that one three times.  You won't be sorry!

3 comments:

  1. Great playlist! My daughter got to see Gorillaz in concert. She said they were great. And love the Offspring.

    Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking today my playlist was ...well... tame! I listened to every one of these on you tube and have added to my ipod - Hey baby,Sex on fire,Gimme More and the Taio Cruz with Kylie version of Higher. THANKS..I shall be in the gym with these tomorrow...what an awesome post.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck about the stomach bug. Hope that's over quickly. Thanks for the playlist. I will have to check out your recommendations. I really need some new music. It makes all the difference in my work-out.

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)