Friday, 4 March 2011

New Progress Collage

I thought that since I broke into Onederland last month, it was time for an updated progress collage.  Many people have mentioned that they would be much too embarassed to show a picture in their underware on the internet.  At one time, I was too.  But, as the progression shows, I've worked hard to achieve the body I now have.  I have no shame left.  I think that half the battle with weightloss (at least for me) was being willing to open up completely about my struggles with food and my weight.  No more sneaking food, no more shopping alone on purpose, no more cutting the size lables out of my pants.  You are what you eat- and I'm not ashamed of that any more.

Picture have been an amazing part of my journey.  Seeing my body transform in so many ways have kept me motivated on MANY a day!  I have literally hundreds of photos.  In the age of digital, why not?!  It costs nothing but a bit of space on my hard drive.  I've gotten int he habit of taking a picture in every new outfit I bring home (always 1 size too small), the another picture when I feel comfortable wearing it, and then a last one when it is too big and will be sent back to the good will.  Watching myself shink out of each size always has me excited about the next one!  I encourage you all to do the same with the smallest item you have in your closet.  You don't have to share it with anyone.  I promise that when you finally achieve the goals of being able to wear that article of clothing out of the house, and then again when it is too big for you, you will feel on top of the world and have concrete evidence of your journey.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! So glad you've found my blog- you've had some amazing success girl! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're looking great! I love to see people's progress in pictures. It motivates me too. I just took some "before" pictures, that I can't wait to update. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made an incredible difference...I can't wait to see changes in my photos, I'm only sorry I didn't take some sooner. Good advice, take photos
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)