Monday, 14 March 2011

TA DA!!!!

You are now reading the blog of an officially certified medical transcriptionist!!  WHOOOHOOOOO!  I finished my program course work Saturday night, submitted it this morning, received a 97.6% A+ grade, and will be receiving my certificate of completion in 4-6 weeks!  I could not be more relieved!!  It was a close call!  I am now officially on Spring Break since the children are, and have gone to visit with their grandparents out of state.  I have an entire week of free time to myself.  I'm looking forward to it!  I am currently assessing when an opportune time may be to drink too much in celebration of it all. ;-)

I'm also down 3 pounds this week, but it had nothing to do with exercise, since I pretty much spent the past 7 days on my tush in front of the computer.  I'm going to attribute it to stress, but I'm happy its gone just the same!  Good riddance...  At my WW meeting on Saturday, a new member said to me, "Gosh, you don't look like you need to be here!"  My leader and I looked at each other and laughed ourselves into tears!!  I showed the new member my "before" photo and her tongue just about fell out of her dropped jaw.  I told her "Don't judge a book by its cover, we all need to be Weight Watchers." LOL  During the meeting I also earned a new 25lbs weight for my key chain that now symbolizes 125 lbs lost!  YAY for that!!

So, though it has been a very stressful week, all the good parts have come to fruition.  I'm happy to have my life back!  After this week, the job hunt begins in an attempt to find a part time MT position to help supplement my nanny income.  But, for now- I think I'm going to put this computer away for the day and go for a walk with my K9 best friend, bake some bread, clean my house, work in the garden, and I may even find a spare moment to catch up with my husband.  I'll be back tomorrow to catch up on all your posts I've missed this week.  Thanks for being patient with me! :-)

OH- and I wanted to show you this picture 5-year-old drew of the solar system all on her own last week.  She knows very well that we live on Earth.  I believe she started to write out Mercury and realized she had run out of room.  Haha!  She pretty much blows my mind...

10 comments:

  1. Wow... you are such an inspiration. 125 lbs lost is amazing!!! Congrats on your success!

    And also congrats on your certification!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!! Congratulations! On everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an amazing accomplishment! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome awesome awesome C.!!!
    good news all around♥
    congrates on letting go of 3 lbs, that is GREAT!
    (I picked up 2 : ( )
    love the story...that has got to make your hearts sing!!!!

    love and light

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Cole!!!

    You are so right, people do judge a book by its cover I am guilty of that as well.

    Wow, 125 lbs! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent accomplishment both finishing school and downsizing three pounds! Love the picture of the solar system.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I know how hard you've worked for this. I've been doing medical transcription for nearly 20 years now - currently working at home typing for surgeons in Denver! When just getting started without experience,sometimes offering to volunteer your services in trade for experience will open the door to actual employment. I volunteered to work for free at my doctor's office in trade for learning transcription in the first place. They hired me on the spot with NO training and no experience because they sensed my commitment to learning. Also remember to apply with attorneys and Work Comp companies...they all have documents that need transcribing and medical terminology is very helpful! Good luck and congratulations. You have many things to celebrate and you've earned them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, new reader here! I've been reading through your posts and I just wanted to tell you that you're an inspiration! I can't wait to read more. Congratulations on your certificate! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulaions on your Certification! Wow! 125 pounds lost, so wonderful, and such an inspiration. I have been stuck for a month and feeling pretty down lately, thanks for posting. Carla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful loss and what a grest idea to have a keychain! A+ student too hey! Thats a serious amount of achievement in one week! Hope the job hunt is successful too!
    ...and thanks...for everything
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)