I ate a light breakfast in preperation. And since then I've eaten cake (two kinds) and a cinnabon. I've eaten my favorite meal twice today (Pad Thai, in case you were wondering), and I topped it off with some Morningstar Chik'n nuggets. Now that I am finished eating for the day, I have flushed all the leftovers down the toilet. That's not a metaphor- I really did flush it all. I hate to admit it, but putting food in the trash can is not always enough of a deterent to keeping me from eating it. ...So I've learned that I have to flush it...
Anyway, I have felt more full today than I normally would enjoy being. But, other than that, I have been prepping for this day all week. I have exercised 45 minutes every day for the past five days and have been making sure to drink tons of water. I do not feel guilty. I had absolutely no intention of making an effort to lose weight for today and that is just fine in my book. I've been losing weight steadily for almost a year and half now. One day won't put that 135lbs back on my frame overnight.
I commited to a challenge with Candy (who also turned 26 this week) that I would post a list of 26 things that I already like about myself. I didn’t realize it when I agreed to it, but I should have picked the “26 things that I would like to change by the time I’m 27” challenge option. I think it would have been MUCH easier because writing this list proved to take a
26 Things I Already Like About Myself
- My maturity level.
- My well-developed common sense.
- My ability to see things in the “big picture.”
- I am responsible.
- I am trustworthy.
- I am dedicated.
- I am loyal.
- I am knowledgeable about many things.
- I am driven to attain my version of success.
- I am open-minded.
- I am nurturing.
- I learn quickly.
- I am a good problem-solver.
- I am a leader who knows how to occasionally follow.
- I am confident for the most part.
- I achieve anything I put my mind to.
- I am a realistic optimist.
- I am a GREAT cook.
- I like to help, I often volunteer.
- Money does not rule me, I can and have lived without.
- I am loved by many people.
- I am an adult now and can make my own decisions.
- I do not have any children of my own.
- I write poetry.
- I am not easily embarrassed.
- I am a good public speaker.
So there you have it! I'm 26 years old and I feel it. I've learned a lot about myself this past year and I'm still learning.
Going camping with hubby this weekend to celebrate. Looking forward to it! :oD