Thursday, 21 April 2011

The Big TWO SIX!!

It's my birthday!!!  I'm on a food binge.  I won't lie or try to hide it.  I'm not even ashamed of it.  My birthday is the ONE day (yes I said ONE day) a year that I will not track on.  For me, it is a day that I give myself complete permission to over-indulge in whatever I like.  I track my food religiously 364 days a year- but NOT my birthday.

I ate a light breakfast in preperation.  And since then I've eaten cake (two kinds) and a cinnabon.  I've eaten my favorite meal twice today (Pad Thai, in case you were wondering), and I topped it off with some Morningstar Chik'n nuggets.  Now that I am finished eating for the day, I have flushed all the leftovers down the toilet.  That's not a metaphor- I really did flush it all.  I hate to admit it, but putting food in the trash can is not always enough of a deterent to keeping me from eating it.  ...So I've learned that I have to flush it...

Anyway, I have felt more full today than I normally would enjoy being.  But, other than that, I have been prepping for this day all week.  I have exercised 45 minutes every day for the past five days and have been making sure to drink tons of water.  I do not feel guilty.  I had absolutely no intention of making an effort to lose weight for today and that is just fine in my book.  I've been losing weight steadily for almost a year and half now.  One day won't put that 135lbs back on my frame overnight.

I commited to a challenge with Candy (who also turned 26 this week) that I would post a list of 26 things that I already like about myself.  I didn’t realize it when I agreed to it, but I should have picked the “26 things that I would like to change by the time I’m 27” challenge option.  I think it would have been MUCH easier because writing this list proved to take a LOT of work.  I found that because I am such a “big picture kind of girl, I tend to roll up a lot of my positive attributes into larger, broader terms.  And, I find it MUCH easier to point out my flaws.

26 Things I Already Like About Myself

  1. My maturity level.
  2. My well-developed common sense.
  3. My ability to see things in the “big picture.”
  4. I am responsible.
  5. I am trustworthy.
  6. I am dedicated.
  7. I am loyal.
  8. I am knowledgeable about many things.
  9. I am driven to attain my version of success.
  10. I am open-minded.
  11. I am nurturing.
  12. I learn quickly.
  13. I am a good problem-solver.
  14. I am a leader who knows how to occasionally follow.
  15. I am confident for the most part.
  16. I achieve anything I put my mind to.
  17. I am a realistic optimist.
  18. I am a GREAT cook.
  19. I like to help, I often volunteer.
  20. Money does not rule me, I can and have lived without.
  21. I am loved by many people.
  22. I am an adult now and can make my own decisions.
  23. I do not have any children of my own.
  24. I write poetry.
  25. I am not easily embarrassed.
  26. I am a good public speaker.
So there you have it!  I'm 26 years old and I feel it.  I've learned a lot about myself this past year and I'm still learning.

Going camping with hubby this weekend to celebrate.  Looking forward to it! :oD

11 comments:

  1. Great list! Happy birthday hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I am so glad you let yourself go and enjoyed the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!! I heard of one recommendation when done eating have a bottle of dishwashing liquid and pour that over what's left. One year at Christmas I brought all this sweet stuff home and stopped in town and put all of it in one of the big trash cans - we do what we gotta do. At least chalk one up for knowing our limitations. It's also a great leap forward to give yourself the day off without the guilt trip and with the knowledge that you can get right back at it tomorrow. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I think you did great and I love your list. Have a super weekend and enjoy being you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy..HAppy...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a lovely day and the 26's brings a wonderful year for you.
    I wish I was near enough to pop over and bring you a little gift and a card!
    I love your list and all the ones I have experience of through knowing you in this virtual world...I completely agree with.
    Have a lovely day xx
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoy your day and weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! I love the list good job! Im glad you had a great birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday, beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)