Saturday, 2 April 2011

Weigh In and Adjustments

Weigh in was this morning and I'm down 5lbs this week thanks to the totally vegan diet.  In my meeting today we were asked to get to know the other members by walking around and asking questions to find out who fit into what category of questions. 

1.  Someone who is a lifetime member.
2.  Someone who likes horror movies?
3.  Someone not born in the city we currently live in.
4.  Someone we have something in common with.
5.  Someone who comes every week.
6.  Someone who has lost 10% of their body weight.
7.  Someone who is new to Weight Watchers.
8.  ...Can't remember
9.  ...Can't remember
10.  Someone who inspires you.

It was fun to get to know a few more people in my meetings a little better.  The best part was that as we went shouted out our answers for our team leader to write on the white board- when we got to #10, everyone EVERYONE. shouted out my name.  It made me and my mom cry.  Believe me, no one is more surprised at the amount of weight I've been able to lose than I am.  It's great to feel like I'm succeeding at something that so many people struggle with.  There is a confidence building that has nothing to do with my smaller, thinner body and everything to do with the attitude that I can conquer anything I put my mind to. 

To celebrate, Mom and I went shopping and I bought two new dresses.  In a size 14!!  I can't believe I fit in a size 14.  I can't believe I weight 187.6 lbs.  I can't believe I'm only 37 lbs away from my goal weight.  It all seems surreal to see it on paper.  But when I reflect on it, it is easy to remember all the hard work and mental effort it has taken.  It's been a journey and I have to remember that I'm only in the first part of it.  Maintenance will be a new struggle, and it will be lifelong.  I'm thankful that I've had time to build up that confidence I was talking about.

I relaxed a bit and enjoyed a slightly more lax lacto-vegetarian diet with an ounce of organic goat cheese.  I would love to have been able to say at the end of the "Hard 10" challenge that I had been 100% vegan for the entire ten days, but with so much restriction on my food this past week I felt a binge a-brewin' and I know that would do a lot more damage to my health and diet than just having a bit of cheese would.  90% vegan for 10 days is still great, in my world! :-)

I think that after this challenge is done, my goal will be to have one lacto-ovo vegetarian day to every three vegan days and work my way up slowly from there.  Jumping in with both feet has really been a struggle for me and I certainly don't want to jeopardize the success I have had by trying to control my food so tightly.  I don't want to re-kindle that old "all or nothing" attitude.  It's too much pressure for me and it obviously doesn't work very well.

I hope you all are doing well and enjoying your weekend!  Are you struggling at all?  What have you done about it?

8 comments:

  1. You definitely are inspiring and I can well believe people saying so at the group. I'm not struggling, only in so much as dieting is hard and we all know it is, but its feeling more like normal and now the weeks and months are adding up and I can see how far I've come its very motivating. I can't wait to know how brilliant it must be to be getting close to your goal and to have lost well over 100lb. I'm really really pleased for you
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 pounds thats wonderful! I am having a struggling day this is total motivation you are doing so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Size 14 - I think my diaper was a size 14. Yuk, Yuk. Good job. You deserve those new clothes - soon they will be too big at this rate! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!!
    Cole that is awesome, you are an inspiration...truly!
    Bask in that friend, it is good for the soul.
    You've done well.
    You goal is just around the corner, what a celebration it will be!
    Struggling?
    I am struggling with blogging right now...so much to write but unable to get it out...when the time is right it will come back to me, I am sure.
    Until then, I am on path and continuing to visit those I love!

    Love and Light

    ReplyDelete
  6. Down 5 lbs this week! Whew - you are inspiring and awesome. Congratulations.
    I, too, have to guard against the old "all or nothing" approach. It's defeated me way too many times on the road to success. Stay strong and learn what works for you. You've come too far to surrender to that old demon now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great weight loss this week cole!!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)