Sunday, 8 May 2011

Beach Meditation

First of all, a great big HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!  I know that parenting can often be a thankless job, but please know that you are so very loved and appreciated by your children.  I hope you all have a very special day!

You are all so good to me, and I love you all very much!  I'm sorry if my exhaustion made my last post sound whiny or worrisome.  I am certainly not beating myself up over my food choices, good or bad, any more!  I consider every interaction with food a learning experience and I face it with enthusiasm and curiosity.

Yesterday, over-eating pizza?  Definitely not the end of my world.  Especially since I DID manage to stick to the menial goals I did set about not eating so much I felt sick, and not eating any of the pizza with meat on them.  And, aside from special occasions like my birthday, it is a rare event that I over-eat now.  I'm happy with that.  I am interested in discovering what about eating more than enough food makes me feel like it can help me de-stress. 

After stressful, emotional times, food makes me feel better.  That isn't a bad thing, many people seem to experience the same feeling.  But, eating more than I need does not make me feel more better.  You know what I mean?  So, I wonder what it is in my brain that makes me KEEP eating after I've already had enough in these situations.  And, is it possible for me to adjust this behavior to make it work for me instead of against me health-wise?

I'm going to meditate on it today...AT THE BEACH, warm in the sun!  Being cooped up in prison the hospital really made me want to be outside, and since the temp is going to be in the upper 80's F today, Hubby and I are headed to the ocean! 

Have a  wonderful day, Ladies.  And thank you so much for your plethora of kind words!

XO
-See. C.

2 comments:

  1. oh the ocean...ahhhhhh such a therapeutic place to be
    and ps you did not sound whiny in you last post, just very very done!
    lol
    Glad you are going out to refresh your spirit today Cole
    I know you will have a wonderful day
    love to you

    love and light

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up by the sea and the wind and the waves, the sand and the saltiness in the air makes me feel like I've come home whenever I'm at the beach. What a wonderful place to contemplate
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)