Sunday, 22 May 2011

CRAZY Week Pre-Planning

I'm down 2 more pounds at weigh-in yesterday.  Makes me a happy girl!  I've been moving around how I use my points lately and it really seems to be working.  On Saturday, after I weigh-in, I have a somewhat "free day."  Which basically means I allow myself the freedom to use as many of my brand new weekly points as I feel satisfied by.  I generally use about 3/4th of them on that one day.  Then the rest of the week, I "make up for it" by staying on point daily and accumulating enough activity points to compensate for the weeklies I used.  So, by the time weigh-in comes around again, I've broke even on the "extra" points.

I know I've mentioned it already, but this coming week is going to be CRAZY busy for me.  It is the week before summer break, week before a 10 day long vacation, week of 5-year-olds first ballet recital and graduation from pre-k, and 11-month-old's week-early 1st birthday party, plus today is the WW Walk-it Challenge and I will be walk/jogging with my WW team.  It would be easy for me to say, "Oh just forget it, I'll eat on the go and see where it gets me."  But, I happen to know that the only place it will get me is "gains"ville.  So I have to pre-plan.  I thought some of you might be interested in exactly how I do that.  ...I use a spread sheet in Excel, this is the blank one I keep on file:

I'm not sure how to share the document with those of you interested, but if you are, and you know how, let me know and I would be more than happy to send it out to you.  All I know to do is to show you a screen shot of it. *shrug*  Anyway, so I have this blank document, I copy and paste it into another sheet and fill it out for the week according to what I'm in the mood for and what I have available in my pantry/fridge/freezer.  This takes me about an hour or so to do.  The result for this week is this:

I don't always follow it to the letter.  After all, this is just plan A and we all know that during busy weeks we often get to plan W before Friday rolls around.  But, it does give me a point friendly guideline to follow.  I put it into a clear page-protector and edit it as needed with a dry erase marker as the days go on.  Like, marking out the weekly points I've used, at the end of the day adding up my daily points, and adjusting my activity points.  It also saves me time in the kitchen, as I'm not standing around wondering what to make for dinner or what to pack for lunch and snacks.

It's hard to see in the picture, but I also try to plan for what activity I'm going to get in for the day, though this section is what gets edited the most with how the weather behaves or how the kids are feeling during our time together, or if hubby isn't up to riding his bike home that day (we are a one car family by choice.)  BUT- just because an activity gets changed, does NOT mean it gets cancelled unless there is some REALLY good reason...

So you see, even on busy weeks I'm able to pre-plan and stay on track.  This has most definitely been a vital key to my success.  And, like a said earlier, this is not written in stone, but at least there is a plan

Walk-It Challenge 5K is today for my fellow Weight Watchers!!  Hope everyone loves every step of it! :-)  Have a GREAT week! <3

2 comments:

  1. Wow..that's impressive. I'm very organised and keep meticulous records at work...but nothing, not even a record of what exercise I've done at home, you make me think I shall look at exactly what I would like to record.
    I love the way blogging makes you think you would like to try new things.
    Well done on the loss...good for you!
    Dawn
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. pre planning in areas of struggle is such a good idea...in anything
    it's giving ourselves loving boundaries as we grow stronger in our new life...whatever it may be
    you are a very smart cookie! ; )
    thanks for the quote.....very timely and yes, I resinated with me♥

    love and light

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)