Monday, 2 May 2011

Lunchtime Inspiration Part Duece

I wanted to show you all that I walk the walk and not just talk the talk!  It's easy to say put in the effort to pre-plan, but the doing is where most people falter.  Usually on the last morning of my weekend (which happened to be today) I spend time in the kitchen planning what I'm going to eat for the week.  I don't really enjoy cooking during the week, because I don't like feeling rushed to get home, get to the gym, get my projects ready for the next day (I'm a nanny- planning projects and trips takes a lot of time and research), AND have to cook dinner and pack my lunch and snacks.  So, I generally try to finish as much of the prep as I can on the weekends so that I can just throw a meal together and pack it up!

For this week, I made Ham Been brand Confetti Lentil Soup.  A 1 cup serving is 6 points.  And, it makes a huge pot, so I have plenty for the week PLUS 4 extra servings that I'll stash in the freezer for a week when I've run out of time, or I'm sick, or whatever.  It'll be there waiting to be eaten!


I also made a batch of the infamous Tofu Slaw Salad.  I made enough for about 4 servings throughout the week.


I chopped, diced, and prepped all my fruits and veggies for the week.  Carrots peeled and chopped into "sticks," broccoli crown into florets, red pepper into strips.  Berries all washed and sliced.  That way it is easy to throw them in a bowl and pop on a lid and be out the door!  Here's my lunch and snacks for work tomorrow:

Mixed fresh veggies with a tablespoon of honey mustard, a salad made with mixed greens, broccoli, croutons, tofu, and lentil soup (in the silver container.)  An apple, string cheese, strawberries and blueberries, and a PB&J on a Toufanyan smart bagel.  All together, this adds up to 14 WW propoints.  I get 30 per day now, so when you break it down, I'll have a 4pt smoothie for breakfast, 14 pts in snacks and lunch, which leaves me with 12 left over when I get home for a post workout snack and dinner!

So as you can see, I certainly don't starve!  This is a LOT of food!  I eat every few hours and with the variety, I don't get bored and I'm excited to eat at every small meal!  Very healthy and fresh, in fact, with the exception of the string cheese, this is completely vegan!  With a few hours of effort and some forethought, my lunches and dinners are ready and waiting to be turned into a fabulous meal.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Cole, this looks great. Especially the fruit and veggies. Thanks for the advice. I do appreciate it! I'll keep you posted on how I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me wanna be more organized lol Im gonna try harder this week you just make it seem so doable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you really make food interesting. I'd love to pop round to your house for tea....you have the best meals in bogland. xXx
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! I look forward to reading more of your tips and suggestions. I am new to your page.. your progress is amazing!! I hope you will also join me on my journey :

    www.skinny-jeans-dreams.blogspot.com

    I love networking with new people on the same journey as I am!! I look forward to getting to know you!

    -Krystle

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)