Wednesday, 11 May 2011

NSV's and Nanny Day

*Reposted due to Blogger throwing a temper tantrum.

I beat my old running-without-stopping record today at the new "work" gym!!!  Previously I could run for 11 minutes without stopping, but today I went for 13 minutes AND completed a whole mile in that time! :0D

Never ever EVER in my whole life have a run an entire mile without stopping!  I can't believe it!  I had to call my mom up right away (all out of breath) and tell her.  She was so excited for me!  She runs a 12 minute mile and does 5 miles religiously every single morning.  I can't wait for the day when we can run together. :-)

Nanny Day with the kids was awesome.  I was bombarded the second I walked in by 5-year-old demanding I open the gifts she had been working on.  She painted me a picture frame with our picture in it, and she and 11-month-old painted a beautiful canvas bag for me with their feet and hand prints.  She also made me a card that says "Nanny C, your the best nanny ever.  I love you.  Love Me." <3 

We ate frozen yogurt at my favorite place (picture below).  If you haven't noticed already, we are very protective of what we put on the internet for the world to see when it come to the kids.  You won't see any pictures here of them.  And, on the few occasions they are in pictures with me, they will be edited to hide their identity.  You'll just have to trust me, the face that yellow bow sits atop is freakin' adorable in every way imaginable.

We ate our fro-yo inside the yellow bug car and then walked over to Toys-R-Us for the annual buying of the big plastic summer pool.  She had a wonderful time.

On the way home I was able to pick up my wedding ring set that I'd left with the jeweller last week to be sized.  They were a size 8, but about 6 months ago I had to have ring guards put on them because they were falling off my finger.  Then the ring guards weren't helping much any more so I finally decided to bite the bullet and have them sized.  Weight Watcher's is amazing- I've even lost sizes in my fingers!  I went from an 8 to a 5! 
Sorry for the crappy iPhone photo...it's all I got right now.  It's such a relief to have them back!  My finger was so naked without them!  I was always feeling like I was forgetting something and then when I would notice that they were gone I would have this terrible moment of panic and my stomach would drop thinking I'd misplaced them some how.  They fit just a tad bit snugly (I could have gone with a 5 1/2) but with still 30 pounds to lose, I decided to go ahead and go with the 5.  I think they will fit absolutely perfectly then.

I hope you're all having a wonderful week!  It's hump day, so you still have time to gain some ground in your journey.  Don't give up!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats about running a mile straight through. That is an awesome accomplishment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for running your first mile. I'm proud of you. I remember when I ran mine and that great feeling of accomplishment that goes with it. I had a big smile readinng about that. Great job.

    Beautiful wedding band set!!!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)