Sunday, 15 May 2011

Recommitting my resolve

Hello!  It's been a good week for me, hope it was for you, too!

I'm down 1.8 at my weigh in yesterday (Saturday).  That's from two weeks, since last week I was stuck in the hospital with Granny.  I'm thrilled that I lost, as usual, but I don't seem to be losing at the rate I have been previously.  It seems like I've been in the 180's for a lot longer than it generally takes me to lose ten pounds.  I know that weight loss is NOT a race, but I also know that the reason I haven't been losing as quickly is because of my eating.  I have been indulging more often.  I have lost some of my weight loss resolve and I would like to get it back.

My friend is getting married in September and I bought a dress yesterday at the Good Will Store that is about a size too small.  The cool thing is that it is a size 12, which (in my head) as always been my goal size.  My hope, of course, is that it will fit nicely in four months when I have to wear it.  But, if that is going to happen, I'm going to have to go back to restricting my diet just a bit tighter.  My goal is, as always, to eat and exercise with the idea that I could lose around 2 pounds a week.  Which means I'm going to have to eat a little less fro-yo, bites of pizza, and brownie bits for a little while.  It's not the end of the world!  Here is a "before" picture.  I'll be sure to post the "after!"



The thing is that I'm really starting to feel thin.  I know that I still have 20 pounds to go until I'm technically at a "healthy" weight, and 10 more after that for me to reach my goal.  But, I feel good!  I feel like I look good!  As far as looks go, I've reached my goal, I think.  Obviously I don't know how I'll look in another 30 pounds, I may feel even better about that.  As women, I think we always feel like there is room for improvement, but that will come in gym time and toning for me.  But, as of right now, I'm happy with how I look.  It took me 24 years to reach a 319 lbs body, it might take me awhile to achieve a toned, healthy weight body.  I'm getting compliments right and left!

I'm also noticing quite a few more men looking at me and talking to me and smiling at me.  No blatant flirting or anything like that, but I'm asked a LOT more in the grocery store if I need help finding anything, can they get me a cart, or striking up conversations while they bag my groceries and things like that.  I didn't realize before how little that happened, but now that it does, it kind of takes me off guard for a moment.  Like, is he talking to me?LOL  I'm married of course, but it's a good feeling to know that I'm more attractive in the eyes of the world.

So here is my recommitment to reaching my goal weight.  Not for looks, but for health.  Seems to be, I've already won the battle for looks! :o)

7 comments:

  1. Hey - getting into a size 12 without jumping off the roof is a victory in my book!! You will be in it nicely if you do what you know to do. Four months will have you comfortably there even at your present rate just don't get too comfortable with the slipping up. Onward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could of written this post. From the tightening up of the diet to the finally feel good and thin to the extra male attention.

    LOL...

    And love the dress. You will be looking fabulous in it at the wedding :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds wonderful! I can't wait until I'm on that side of weight loss. Your blog does my heart good. The dress is super pretty btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to your blog, just want you to know you're doing an awesome job! Men are a trip! I've had men that previously weren't interested because of my size coming at me left and right! I will be following, please check out my blog when you get a chance...follow me back :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL
    oh Cole
    you are such a ray of sunshine
    I love your recommitment
    I am with you on that
    I have found it is something that I have to do again and again...recommit to myself
    but I am ok with that as I feel it is just life...and a good life it is
    love the "Good Will" dress and I can't wait to see you in it when the wedding comes...I have a feeling it may actually be too big by that time.

    love and light

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you look fantastic...What a cute dress. I have no doubt that you'll get to where you want by the wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)