Several new readers! Hi!!! So glad you're here and I hope you won't be shy!
Sheri over at Motivation For Health and Fitness posted a great read about what weight loss means to her and it inspired me.
Why am I doing this? Why am I working so hard to lose the weight? What am I striving to accomplish? What does weightloss mean to me?
1. I will be fit. That means that my body will not hold me back from anything I want to do. I will be able move quickly, nimbly, and with grace and stamina. Running, biking, hiking for long periods. I will be able to keep up with the children. I will be able to react immediately in emergency or survival situations.
2. I will be healthy. I want my immune system to be strong so that not every bug that goes around stops when it gets to me. I used to catch every cold the kids brought home. I want to have my body systems working at full capacity and working smoothly like the well oiled mechine I was created to be.
3. I will be educated about my body and what goes into it. Times change quickly and there are new products on the market every day. I want to know what is good for my body and be able to produce it cleanly on my own.
4. I will have a strong sense of self control. Living in the US means I am constantly bombarded with stimulation and greed. I want to know who I am and what I truly fell I need to live without all the extras and luxuries. I want to be able to say 'NO' and not feel guilty.
5. I will know my body for the shape it is without it being coated in layers and layers of fat. I want to be able to feel my strength and see the definition of my muscles. I want to know when something is wrong with it or different about it. I want to be able to wear the clothes I like and not just the ones I can find that fit.
6. I will be setting a good example for the children.
Inside of these 6 things are hundreds of smaller details of things that being fit and healthy and at an average weight will allow me to do and accomplish. But in the grand scheme of things, these large catagories are what is most important to me as far as feeling like I have achieved something.
So what are your goals? Is it all for vanity? Is it to fit in with your peers? I want to know!