Thursday, 2 June 2011

abcdefood and an award

Found this on TJ's blog and loved reading it so much I decided I would do it in hopes that I would get to read all yours, too! :-)

abcdefood
A: is for Apple, what’s your favorite variety?
Fuji!!

B: is for Bread, regardless of nutrition, calories, or whole grains what is your favorite type to have a nice big piece of?
Artisan bread...especially the kalamata olive from Fresh Market.

C: is for Cereal what is your favorite kind currently (just one!)
Pre-WW my favorite was Cinnimen Toast Crunch.  Now I stick to shredded wheat.

D: is for Doughnuts, you might not currently be eating them but what kind do you fancy?
Blueberry cake doughnuts

E: is for Eggs, how would you like yours prepared?
I don't eat many eggs (being as vegetarian as I can), but when they come, I'm not picky...

F: is for Fat Free, what is your favorite fat free product?
PB2 powdered peanut butter from Bell Plantation

G: is for Groceries, where do you purchase yours at?
Commissary, Publix, Kroger, Fresh Market, Farmer's Market

H: is for Hot Beverages, what is your favorite hot drink?
Hot cider

I: is for Ice Cream, pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping.
Fro-yo!!!  I like peach and pistacio...well, really, I wouldn't say no to any of them!

J: is for Jams or Jellies, do you eat them, and if so what kind and flavor?
I don't have a favorite.  We generally have apricot here...

K: is for Kashi, name your favorite Kashi product?
Pumpkin Spice granola bars.

L: is for Lunch, what was yours today?
I had a Morningstar Farms corn dog with my favorite mustard, carrot sticks, and a mango.

M: is for microwave, what is your favorite microwave meal/snack?
Jollytime Popcorn!!

N: is for nutrients, do you like carbs, fats, or proteins best?
Well, being as healthfully vegetarian as I can, I tend to eat mostly whole grains.  (carbs)

O: is for oil, what kind do you like to use?
Olive oil.

P: is for protein, how do you get yours?
Beans, tofu, seitan, soy, the occasional egg, cheese.

Q: is for Quaker, how do you like your oats?
I don't care for oatmeal.  It's too bland for me... No texture.

R: is for roasting, what is your favorite thing to roast?
Root veggies; sweet potatoes, carrots, onions.

S: is for sandwich, what’s your favorite kind?
Veggie wrap on a high fiber tortilla.  (Mustard, provolone, cucumber, tomato, dill pickel, coleslaw mix.)

T: is for travel, how do you handle eating while traveling?
I have a few go-tos for when the going gets tough like Subway or Atlanta Bread Company.  Other than that, I try to find a healthfood store in town, they usually have a deli.  For me it's not only hard to find healthy food on the go, but also vegetarian.  It's a challenge...

U: is for unique, what is one of your weirdest food combos?
Hmm...many of you think spinach smoothies are wierd...

V: is for vitamins, what kind do you take?
I take "Smart Vites" from Sam's Club.  Basically, it's a 5 pack of vitamins in gummy bear form.  It's like dessert so I never forget.LOL

W: is for wasabi, yay or nay?
I like wasabi!  It's in my favorite mustard, and I like it in maki sushi rolls.

X: is for XRAY. if we xrayed your belly right now, what food would we see?
To be completely honest...you would find a s'more.  I worked HARD at the gym today- graham cracker, chocolate, and marshmellow really helped me unwind. ;-)

Y: is for youth, what food reminds you of your childhood?
Totino's Pizza Rolls.  My mom worked late a lot and my dad never cooked, which means most of my food came in "heat and eat" frozen form.  Totino's pizza rolls were my favorite...

Z: is for zucchini, how do you prepare it?
I like it in ribbons, steamed with a bit of salt and pepper.

YOUR TURN!  But before you do:

Dawn was so sweet to give me an award and say some very nice things about me!
"C. from The Evolution of Me  - When I first found C's blog I was inspired by her life changing weight-loss. As time has gone on, I find not only that she has lost weight but how she has done it inspiring. She's strong and her blog posts make you think and she challenges you with her own honesty and her way of looking at life. She give brilliant advice just when you need it too!"

I was supposed to link back to Dawn (which I did) and list 10 things about myself, but I just gave you 26, so I imagine you've had just about enough of See C for the time being.  I also have to nominate 3 new bloggers.  I'm running out of steam right now and I'd like to say some nice things about the blogs I pick, too.  So you'll have to wait to next post to find out if it's you!

Please let me know if you are going to post your "abcdefood" list!  I want to read it!! :-D  Sleep tight!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh! Totino pizza rolls! totally a childhood memory for me too! :)

    I need to get some of those vitamins! Dessert! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)