Monday, 6 June 2011

Assessing My Day 1 Success

Day 1 of the Slimmer This Summer Challenge is winding down.  Just reassessing my goals to make sure I'm on track and make any adjustments if need be.

1.  I will lose 20 pounds in 12 weeks.  I will do this by staying on point with my DP's  (daily WW points) and eating only my earned APs (activity points) for that day.  I will avoid using my "extra" WP's (weekly points).  I will do this by tracking my food BEFORE I eat it and limit my BLT's (bites, licks, and tastes) of hubby's food (usually pizza) to once per-day.

Today I stuck to my DP's by preplanning my menu, I have 2 left in fact.  I did not use any WP's and I have not yet decided if I need to eat any of my AP's.  (It's 7:30pm and I feel satisfied, so I think I won't need them.)

Menu today (and it will probably be very similar all this week:)
Breakfast 5pts
PB2 and Polanar jelly on a whole wheat Toufanyan Smart Bagel
1 cup of Silk  Light
Snack 5pts
Nature Valley granola bar
banana
Lunch 7pts
15 bean and veggie stew with a slice of reduced fat provolone on top.
1 Tbls light honey mustard with two carrots and a celery stalk
Snack 0pts
Fruit salad (2 small nectarines, half a mango.)
Dinner 7pts
2% milk fat cottage cheese
2 wasa whole grain crisps
Mini bag 94% fat free popcorn dusted with garlic and chili powder
Extras 4pts
Wheat saltine with PB and sprinkles (kids activity)
bite of hubby's pizza

2.  I will maintain my water intake.  (Actually, I'm sure I will take in more now that it is so hot out.)  I will do this by drinking 1-2 cups of water every time I eat.

I didn't do well on this today.  It was a very busy day for me (my first 12 hours day after having 10 days off.)  Tomorrow I will be sure to carry my own canteen for the day so I don't forget.

3.  I will earn 35 AP's per week.  My goal is to earn at least 6 AP's per-day, 6 days per-week.  I will do this through time spent at the gym-job, time at our local aquatic center, and time at the work-gym.  Plus, any extra fun activities with Bean and Hubby.  My hope is that during this time I will tone up (my arms especially) and lose some of the extra skin. 

|I did earn my 6 AP's today, but I realize that I'm going to have to make sure I get to the gym BEFORE my shift starts, because I need to focus more during my workouts to make sure I'm getting everything I can out of it.  It's difficult to do when I'm on the clock and having to answer phones and assist other members.  I got lucky today when the children asked to be biked to the park today, otherwise, I wouldn't have made my 6 AP's.

I'm thrilled to have so much support during this challenge.  Thank you ALL so much!  I most certainly COULD NOT do it without you all here to cheer me on!

9 comments:

  1. Woo :)
    Great job! I know it's only one day, but you did well. Doesn't it feel great to start out on a good foot?
    Best of luck throughout the rest of the days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're doing well - good luck with the 12hr days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good first day! I hope the rest go as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a good first day too. It's good to know others are doing this as well. It just makes it easier somehow. One day down, 83 to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great day. YEAH!!! Keep it up. I know you will do wonderfully.
    Take care and have a blessed night sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great start to the challenge, well done! I am the first to tell people if you want to increase your water intake, always carry a bottle of water with you where ever you go, EVERY WHERE! If its there you will drink it. Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are a star!


    love and light

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did great today! Keep doing what you are doing and you will surely get to your goal at the end of the challenge. Thank you also for being such a great support. :)

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)