Saturday, 18 June 2011

Family Blessings

Day 1 of my trip (mostly spent traveling) went off pretty much without a hitch.  There was a slight delay to my second plane, but overall, the trip was pretty uneventful.  I ate fruit and a handful of a cashew trail mix for breakfast, lunch time I had coffee with creamer and a handful eat of carrots and grapes.  When we arrived at my grandma & grandpa's, I had more fruit and some crackers.  I was hungry (and a little lightheaded from it for the better half of the afternoon.)  But once dinner came around, I ate whole wheat pasta with a bit of butter, a large serving of salad in oil, and more fruit.  I felt much better after and was able to get in about 30 minutes of cardio in the local gym around 9pm.  The rest of the evening was spent in the kitchen, of course, cooking and baking for the morning and day to come (today.) 

It's wonderful to have my siblings all in one place.  And, a VERY special treat to get to love and squeeze on my nephews ages 4 and almost 2.  Being back in my grandparents house brings on nostalgia like you wouldn't believe and we've spent several hours laughing over the memories.  Ending the day sharing a pull out couch with my sister tops the cake.  Giggling and talking in the dark like a sleep over that never ends- it just picks back up the next time we're together.  I don't say it often because of the religious connotation, but I am so very VERY blessed. :-D

I'm running on limited sleep and hope to be able to continue to make good decisions food and health wise.  I've received so so many compliments and I'm holding them close to keep me motivated to achieve my goals this week.


It's raining here today, so I'm hoping to take my nephews to the craft store and get supplies for a father's day gift. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Getting in cardio while traveling is such an accomplishment, one I have never done. Have a great rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful we are both away on happy trips this week! My US doppleganger again!
    Memories of happy family times are priceless aren't they and you sound to have had such a fun time. I'm really pleased you got lots of compliments - you deserve them
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post...lovely family!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)