Sunday, 26 June 2011

HURRAH! Who's with me?!

OKay, so, I think I'm done with the self sabotage this week.  At the official WW weigh in yesterday, I was up 2 pounds, (which we know is actually more, because I was out of town last weekend and didn't weigh-in.)  So not only did I not lose any weight for two weeks, but I actually gained some.  UGH!!  HAATE that.  But it is what it is, and weight loss is certainly not a race.   For those of you who are new, these results are certainly not a normal occurance...

The house is in a disarray of half packed boxes because we are selling a lot of furniture on craigslist.

My finances are in a bit of a disarray because hubby hasn't found a job yet and is going to go back to school.

The gym job is moving locations this weekend so when I go in on Tuesday I will have to be given a tour and learn all the new things about it.

My life is a bit disorganized right now and that is very stressful for me.  Plus, at the risk of TMI, I'm PMSing.  All these factors contributed to me over eating last week, it could happen that way to anyone, and I am certain it won't be the last time it happens to me.  So I'm not going to beat myself up over it.  Today I will plan out my meals and activities, because that is what works for me.  I'm simply going to step back in control of my eating and health and lose the weight I gained like I have been doing for more than a year now.  Who can argue with results like this?


HURRAH! Who's with me?!

On another note, I've noticed that I'm about to post my 100th post and I'm only a few away from 100 followers.  Seems like there might need to be some kind of mention or celebration for that.  Any ideas?

PS:  Found the following on a friends blog and found it to be moving.

"Obesity is never JUST a food issue. It’s the manifestation of a vice – a bondage – an addiction. When you "see someone on the streets stumbling and slurring with a wine bottle in hand, their behavior and outer appearance is a manifestation of their condition. Their pain and torment caused them to take that drink and get to where they are today. It’s no different with obesity. What you see on the outside of me, was a feeble attempt to apply salve to my wounds in the form of food. Just because it wasn’t a bottle to my lips, or some powder snorted in my nose, or a needle in my vein – doesn’t make it any less harmful or any less deadly."

I hope you will go and check out Heart On My (Gastric) Sleeve and lend some insight and motivation to his journey, or be inspired by his willingness to change.

16 comments:

  1. hurrah indeed!

    even with the set back, that is something to be proud of... keep up the hard work and youll be back on track right away

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing about you, Evo C, is that you were beautiful at all stages of your weight loss. However, now you are healthier. I really liked the doo rag thing in your big pic. You did not let your obesity make you generic and hide behind black and baggy. I bet that what is in you is what has driven you so well in this journey.

    Keep on looking beautiful and keeping strong.
    Thanks for your insightful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camera lenses often need a good wipe out, or off,to regain their sharp focus so it looks like that's all you needed also. You're seeing clearly again, defeat that stress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look beautiful Cole!
    you are a winner in this ladies eyes!!!!!
    keep up the good work and the commitment you have to yourself

    love and light

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have done amazing!! Good luck with the new gym location this week - I know how hard it can be to adjust to new machines/set up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look wonderful! I just want you to know that. You might have had a couple rough weeks but you will be fine. Sometimes we need to get off track a little so we can realize how much we need this. You will keep doing great! We are all here with you and for you.

    Lets try to accomplish all our goals this week okay? Lets do it! WE CAN AND WE WILL!!!! YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Self sabotage, why do we do that! Let's end it now! Nice on the 100th post, keep going and stay dedicated! I'll go back and click the link and check out that blog too, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have made immense life changes and the pictures show that - you are like a different woman from the outside.
    I know the gain wasn't want you wanted but you are right this is not going to stop you moving forward because you are strong and brave and resolute.
    great news on the 2 100ths coming your way. I put up a 100th post rosette on my blog on the 100th post, do feel free to use it! A celebration is most definitely in order.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, the important thing is to get back on track, and you obviously know how to do that! I'll check out the blog you mentioned. Wish you the best with week 4.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In the grand scheme of all you've accomplished, two pounds is merely a hiccup. Thank you so much for all of your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not having things organised can definitely make things much harder, but at least it's only temporary and you're working on sorting things out now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. May I ask how tall you are? Because although we aren't supposed to compare ourselves with others, I'm really comparing me to your "before".. because that 306 picture at the top of your blog looks just like my backside LOL I was 331 at my highest and currently I'm around 303 (tonight is weigh-in, so I'm not sure exactly). I am six feet tall. I so enjoy reading your blog! I'm sorry you are going through a stressful time...it WILL smooth out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WE all have bad weeks. Then we have good weeks. Have more good weeks and progress is made. :) And yeah, I accept that food and me are an addictive thing and I have to be vigilant. FOR LIFE. I have emo-eating, stress-eating, binge-eating, etc. And me and food will always have to look at each other and try to make a treaty to do me good, not ill. It's an ongoing process....and I thank God for more than a year without a binge. That in itself is progress...

    I wish us all a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at that before and after pictures - they say so much with just the click of a button and a post!!! Hurrah Hurrah - all the way!!!

    Staying MOtivated MO

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those before and after pics. You look amazing. I know lots of things are off in your life right now, but things will get better. You'll see. They will.

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)