Friday, 10 June 2011

Just talkin'

Tomorrow morning is my first weigh in after starting the Slimmer This Summer challenge.  I am confident that there will be a loss and I have been specifically visualizing weighing in at 177 (on my scale), which will be about a 3 lbs loss.

I'm feeling great, and with it being swimsuit weather and all, the compliments are pouring in.  I'm getting more comfortable talking about my weight loss and the journey it took to get there (here).  The gym job has really helped with it.  That's really the only place where I do feel like an inspiration.  I want people to know that if I could achieve this- they could too!  I hope you all believe that also!

Hubby is trying to convince me that he should be  Kirby vacuum salesman.  I think it's BS.  Not that I don't think he would be a good salesmen, but because who really wants to buy a $2000 appliance?  Especially with the economy the way it is.  I also don't like that it's mostly a commission paid job.  ...No sale- no paycheck.  So, I've been a bit stressed over it.  I'm willing to give it a month and see what happens with it.  He is still filling out lots of applications, so my hope is that a phone call with an amazing job offer is just around the corner for him.

4 comments:

  1. Those Kirby vacuums really suck; I have one. :-) They really are a good product - just joking. His market would be people with a decent income. Why not give it a try? Here's good vibes to ya for your upcoming weigh-in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets go 177!! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby keeps applying for commission only jobs only to find out that it is not his best interest. He has been working part time for the P.O. and picking up more hours, but the stress it really rough. However long Hubby is out of a job, make sure you guys stay strong in your marriage. It can be really rough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the weigh in!

    Hate to say it but I wouldn't buy a $2000 vacuum. I'd be skeptical about it but I wish him well if he decides to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)