Friday, 24 June 2011

Overwhelmed

Sorry I disappeared there for a minute.  I tend to have about 3 "good" eating weeks a month, and one PMS week where it's all I can do to resist stuffing my face full of sweets.  I don't always succeed during this week, and for the past 2 days, I've been off track.  I am absolutely aware of it.  My mentality is generally 3 steps (weeks) forward, 1 step (week) back still means I'm ahead. 

I always start off on the right foot in the morning for breakfast, but I become exhausted by the struggle and give in.  For a long time I would consider this "bad!"  But, that always triggered my all or nothing attitude that would make it so much harder to get back on track.  Now it just is.  I'm not upset about it.  Will I let it continue?  Absolutely not.  That's what makes this a lifestyle change and not a diet.  My weigh-in is tomorrow and I've been on my best food behavior today.

Hubby still hasn't found a job, but in the mean-time he has decided to go back to school to become and electrician.  Many of his hobbies involve the trade and he'd like to get paid to do it.  The original plan was to move into a larger house in August, but with hubby now going back to school, we've decided to down size into a smaller apartment for a year and are going through everything trying to decide weather to keep it, donate it, sell it, or give it away.  It's overwhelming, to say the least, but I know it will be worth it in the long run. 

Wish me luck...

5 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) C.
    I so love your honesty
    yup most times things are not good or bad they just "are"...
    life is like that...it is all about how we handle it
    you are doing great my friend
    lots going on right now for you and you are still managing to keep it real
    that spells success to me...even though it might not "feeeeel" like that right now
    from the outside looking in your are doing awesome!!!!
    wish you much more than luck this morning ♥

    love and light

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the PMS cycle oh so well. One day at work I went to use the toilet. The toilet there has to flush twice. I remember getting all pissy and kicking the base of it jiggling the handle and swearing at it, then a pause. I realized it must be coming to that time in the month, I am assaulting a toilet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those darn hormones. They sure can throw a gal. I don't miss that a bit but it's a battle every month for those who still suffer the curse. I know you can gather yourself and get back to your successful ways. We just hate for the weight loss to slow a bit but then patience is what we are after, not perfection. You'll get there and so will I. This past week has been difficult for me as well. I am not expecting the best news on Monday but I'm back home and things can smooth out now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we could all be perfect and do everything perfectly......No! No I really don't...wouldn't that be really dreadful to be surrounded by perfect people. I like your truthfulness, and the reality of your blog It makes me feel that I've a friend ...a real person out there. We are none of us perfect but you are a great blog friend.
    I really, REALLY like the fact your hubby is looking at his life and making those life changes HE wants to make to move on with his life. If that means a smaller apartment for a while...Its worth every minute for as he grows into the person HE wants to be and gets to his goals, you will grow together, understanding how each other got there, how lovely to be married to a man who knows what he wants in his life and is willing to work to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "best food behavior" - that's a new one! Thanks for sharing, keep up with your goals. The progress so far has been wonderful and you are worth every bit of blood, sweat, and tears put into it!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)