Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Quick Update Day 2

Day 2 of STS went well. 
I carried my canteen and made sure to get enough water.

I absolutely got in my activity points today!  I ran through 40 minute circuit training and also did a Zumba class at the gym job today.  I estimate that I earned 10 APs. 

I'm also well within my prescribed number of daily points for the day, too.  I have 5 left over, plus my APs.  So I'm doing good! :-)

I've decided to add in one more goal.  I'm NOT going to check my weight daily at home any more.  I will check in on Saturday morning before my official WI at my WW meeting (because I am the kind of person that needs time to compose myself before a WI.)  But I'm not going to watch the daily up and down fluctuations of my weight during this challenge.  Without realizing it until lately, I believe I have been allowing it to effect my mood more than it should.

Have any of you seen or read "The Secret?"  I have and am choosing to (continue) to believe in the "power of attraction."  Therefore, every morning during the time I would usually weigh myself, I will be visualizing the weight I expect the scale to be at.  This week, on Saturday, my weight (on my scale) will be 177.  That is a loss of almost 3 pounds.  Wish me luck! :-)

9 comments:

  1. I have that book. I read it. And I try every day to send positives out into the universe---even though I have to fight negative people on a daily basis. You have a good idea there.

    I know just what you mean about the mood being affected by the daily weighing---I did that the first time I lost weight and it was very defeating. This time, once a week for me!

    My second day has gone well too. And I do wish you Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day two, YEAH!!! I'm a white girl that can't dance. Zumba....that's going to take lots of pratice. It's a good thing the girls couldn't do it either.
    Haven't read the book but sounds good. Everyone needs thos positive vibes.
    I don't like weighing daily, it's to stressful.
    Keep up the great work. Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a good day!! I love doing Zumba but only in the privacy of my own home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job hun! So proud of you 177 177 here you come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you rock!

    Love and Light

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the activity points. You are such on inspiration. I am also weaning myself off the daily scale & I love your idea of spending the time visualizing myself smaller and healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you had a great day, well done!! I havent read the Secret, there was a lot of hype about it, and after Kath and Kim's crack at it I never read it. Guess maybe I am ready to give it a go. Hoping tomorrow is another successful day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read the book, but the concept was explained to me a while ago! I think it's a wonderful idea to visualize your goal weight!

    I peeked at the scale yesterday and was pleased with myself. But, like you said, I allow that number to affect my day and how I behave. Either I gain and it feels hopeless (so I eat) or I get too confident and think, this is easy... (then I allow myself to splurge). So, today, no peeking!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and vising my blog! I appreciate the support!

    By the way, I am so impressed with your progress pictures! Way to go! Good luck with the rest of your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)