Sunday, 5 June 2011

Slimmer This Summer Challenge

Today is the last day of "kid-cation" for me.  Which means that between nannying and the new gym job, starting tomorrow I will be working 12 hour days four days a week.  This will be a challenge for me and it will take some getting used to.  I will have to do some serious pre-planning where food is concerned because I will essentially be eating every meal "out" (packing food for myself, not eating in restaurants) on these days.  I'm sending hubby out today to find me a larger cooler/lunch box. 

The good thing is, I will be staying busy (no time for over-eating), and will be getting in PLENTY of activity points, so now seems as good a time as any to join in on a Summer challenge! 

I've been reading about it through Myra's Journey and decided to join in.  You can read more about it on Debbi Does Dieting.  May has been a tough month for me, and though I KNOW I've been gaining a lot of muscle, I haven't lost as much weight as I had been in previous months.  I'm getting so close to my goal that I don't want to slow down, so I think the challenge will help keep me focused and on point.  This is a 12 week challenge which brings us up to the last week in August.

I don't usually post goals because it feels like a lot of pressure to have people read them and expect things from me.  This journey has been very personal for me because I have avoided doing that.  But, a lot of people feel like setting goals for their blog readers to see helps keep them stay accountable, and that's what this challenge asks us to do, so here goes nothin'.

1.  I will lose 20 pounds in 12 weeks.  I will do this by staying on point with my DP's  (daily WW points) and eating only my earned APs (activity points) for that day.  I will avoid using my "extra" WP's (weekly points).  I will do this by tracking my food BEFORE I eat it and limit my BLT's (bites, licks, and tastes) of hubby's food (usually pizza) to once per-day.

This is a picture of the last entry made in my weight tracker at my WW meeting yesterday (Saturday.)  I am currently 181.4lbs.  Losing 20 pounds will put me at 161.4lbs.

2.  I will maintain my water intake.  (Actually, I'm sure I will take in more now that it is so hot out.)  I will do this by drinking 1-2 cups of water every time I eat.

3.  I will earn 35 AP's per week.  My goal is to earn at least 6 AP's per-day, 6 days per-week.  I will do this through time spent at the gym-job, time at our local aquatic center, and time at the work-gym.  Plus, any extra fun activities with Bean and Hubby.  My hope is that during this time I will tone up (my arms especially) and lose some of the extra skin. 
Here is a picture taken today.  I will call this the "before" and can compare it in the coming months.

So there you have it.  Feel free to join in!  Just follow the links and leave a comment so we can all support each other.

Today I will be making a big batch of my favorite 16 bean stew for lunches this week and preparing my life for the next week of craziness.  Planning my outifts, getting supplies together for activities with the kids, packing my gym bag.  Wish me luck!

15 comments:

  1. Written Goals are powerful!! I can't wait to see your progress!! I am in a challenge myself, but I think you now that!

    Love yourself through it! Be kind to yourself! Get enough rest!

    Gina
    www.circuitcoschcountdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it C!
    On one hand Busy can be good, but on the other hand being tired can be not so good. When I come into busy times like this I make sure I am getting my sleep and down time....just goes hand in hand with healthy eating habits.
    I look forward to hearing how this all goes for you..
    Love and light

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean by writing down goals. It then all of a sudden makes you accountable for them! Well, hopefully it will WORK and we can get this extra weight off! Your plan sounds great, love how you are packing your own food, that is a must for those long days.

    Welcome to the challenge! Let's have an AWESOME 12 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by to give some support from the Slimmer In Summer Challenge! You've got great goals! I need to work on my arms too.

    The next 12 weeks will be great, I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I've known you for a long time. You are so good at supporting and encouraging. I will try to return the favor during this Challenge. I have already made some new friends and am getting excited about this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your evolution is exciting. I cheer you on to goal. I hope you EXCEEED your expectations this summer. and great arm shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing your header, you have already come so far!!! You havent given up and still continue to improve yourself, you are a huge inspiration!! I look forward to getting to know you better through out the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I'm a fan! You look great and your goals sound fantastic.

    We can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not checking out your butt, but I LOVE your evolution of you pictures!!! I see my own butt up there at 306, but my butt is much smaller it's only 305 LOL. Yeah I feel terrible, but that is just honest! Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen! I am doing the Summer Slim Down Challenge also and saw your blog posted on Debbi does dieting. I wanted to drop by and say hi. I am your newest follower! Good luck with week one!! I would love to have you drop by www.colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is great! You have already come a long way. You CAN do it. We are all here to help you along. I'm so glad that you found me so I could find your blog. I will definately be checking in on you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your progress pictures. Congratulations on your successes. I can't wait to see more progress on the Summer challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I completely understand about the losing being private- I'm like that too. I lost 83 pounds a while back but it didn't stay off...something to do with a homemade oatmeal raisin cookie. LOL

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, your butt timeline is awesome!!! I'm so inspired by all of your pictures...the latter ones are a reminder to me that you can still look pretty wonderful on your way to your goal weight. (I'm an all or nothing kind of gal.)

    Good luck and I'll enjoy following you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to see you are in the challenge too! Glad to see you are in this challenge, too. Together we can do this. Best of luck to you. Michele at http://ruminationsasiuncoverthewomanwithin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I love the pictures of your progress on the top. That is motivation. Sometimes I can't even wrap my mind around what changes occur when you lose weight. I think I forgot the feeling because it's been about 1.5 years since I've lost any (I've sure gained though!). Glad to be in the challenge with you. You seem amazing and I'm already inspired by you, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)