Saturday, 11 June 2011

The Universe Speaks Loud and Clear (Week 1 results for STS)

In my sleepy haze this morning I walked into the bathroom to begin my day.  I took a moment to visualize the numbers I wanted to see (this week I've been concentrating on 177.0) on the scale and stepped on.  You won't believe what came up!
176.0 lbs!  I was stunned for a minute!  Could that be right?  That's a whole pound less than I was believing for!  I think the universe is telling me that not only are my goals achievable, but that I'm underestimating my ability and should be reaching higher every week.  I'm absolutely flabbergasted at the point zero (.0) that shows that the end.  My scale hardly EVER shows .0 which is what really gives me faith that my visualizations definitely affected this weigh in.  That is a 4 lbs loss for me on my home scale!

When I got to my WW meeting that morning for the official weigh-in (I only "count" the weight that the WW scale shows), I didn't tell anyone about my little experiment with the universe.  I just stepped on the scale and I'm sorry I don't have hubby's camera for a picture of the sticker, but the info reads:

Weight: 177.6
+/-: -3.8
Total: -141.8

I lost 3.8 lbs since last week!  Isn't that incredible?!  I know some of you are going to say it's not healthy to lose that amount consistently week after week.  I know this.  And it's certainly not my intention to continue to do so.  But it just goes to show me that if/when I buckle down and focus on my goals, they can be achieved.  And, that I often underestimate my ability to do so!

Pic of the week:  The kids and I at the pool.  Not the most flattering picture.  Baby weighs 28 lbs, and I have to stick my hips out (forward) to support his weight when I carry him in the front.  But, I love that there is a space now between my stomach and my arm that you can see clear through to blue water!  No more "top roll" to obscure the view of my figure. :-) 
I'll be posting week 2 goals shortly.
Krystle at Skinny Jean Dreams nominated me for the Adorable Blogger Award, which I've already received once, but I wanted to say THANKS FOR THINKIN' OF ME, K! 

Also, I've got a new friend who attends my WW meetings that has recently begun her very own food fight blog!  Please go and check her out!  Give her your encouragement and support!  She's just like us and feels the need to EAT TILL SHE POPS!!

Have a GREAT weekend!  xoxo

14 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!!!! That is so awesome. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Wonderful! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an awesome loss for someone already down so far, at the beginning of a weight loss effort, 3.8 pounds is nothing, but this far into it its amazing! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOO HOO! Time for a new pic up at the top of your blog skinny girl! You are rocking this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! I was thinking the same thing as the others who have commented, WAAAHOOO! Great work. Visualization and keeping a postive attitude are powerful tools.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the official -3.8lbs! It's amazing the little things that get us excited...like the space between your arms and stomach. How cool is that?! I enjoyed looking at your pictures. You're a true inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!!! Whoohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picture and great job! Looking forward to following you during this challenge. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing weight loss!!! You are doing so great! Congratulations!!! One day I'll be 177! I hope by the end of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on your loss, it's a really big number for someone who's already lost so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow ..thats a brilliant BRILLIANT loss and I am delighted for you!
    well done!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. As long as you're getting adequate nutrients, I don't see a problem with losing 2, 3, 4 or 5 pounds a week. Every body is different. Some can lose faster, some slower, but with focus on a plan, losing MORE is certainly fine. I'm all about getting your nutrition. If you got enough protein to not lose undue muscle mass and enough fiber, vitamins, minerals, then lose away! Some bodies can shed unbelievable poundage-plus without major nutrient starvation.

    I'm so glad you're happy with your results!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! I just found your blog and I it didn't take me long to decide to become your follower. Congrats on the fantastic results you've achieved so far. I am looking forward to reading your blog and following your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic loss !!! Congratulations !!!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)