Sunday, 3 July 2011

Full of Endorphins

This morning started off with my hubby making me french toast (WW style) for breakfast this morning.  French toast is one of a few things that I only like when he makes it.  Guess I can taste the love?

As I was eating I was perusing through my stack of books I gathered from the library this week.  The one I picked was by Martha Stewart, and it was about organizing small spaces.  Getting new and fresh ideas makes me feel a bit less stressed and a bit more hopeful about the whole moving and down-sizing thing.  What girl doesn't like redecorating and organizing?  This one sure does...

It got me thinking about how many things I have changed in my life these past (almost) two years.  All the reorganizing I have done in my brain to get me where I am.  Clearing out mindless cobwebs from the places that hadn't been thought about for a long time.  Reorganizing my thoughts on what I can and cannot do.  Getting rid of my previous thoughts and ideas about exercise and weightloss, bringing in knowledge and information on new ways to think about it.  Making decisions on what I am and what I am not.  Fighting for what I know to be the right way, against myself who often would prefer the things the easy way.  It's exhausting just writing it, but reading gives me a sense of accomplishment.  I know I've told you all before, but I'm not kidding when I say that it is a wonderful feeling to be able to surprise even yourself with what you can achieve when you really put in the effort.  When people say "What you've done is amazing!" , I always answer, "Believe me, no one is more surprised than I am."

Headspace at Idle to Idol is coming across this realization this week, too.  He is my favorite blog this week hands-down.  His honesty in his posts can be almost overwhelming in the truth he has managed to put into words.  I find myself nodding to the screen like, "Word!  That's what I been thinking and feeling and you just laid it all out, easy as pie!"  Please go and check him out.  He's lost 60 pounds in his journey so far, while still going to school!

So when I finished with breakfast I began going through the drawers and cabinets and closets again.  This has become a kind of weekly ritual to continue to declutter and get rid of things that I don't think we will use or need.  I've been selling some things off on craigslist and have been saving the money to use for things I will want to by to make the new place work for us.  It's a start- and it's got me feeling more positive than negative about the unknowns that come with moving.

I threw away 2 more garbage bags of crap from the closets and drawers and cabinets- and filled up another box for the Goodwill before I called it quits in the house and ate a stir fry lunch.  After lunch I decided that if I didn't go and exercise then, I would probably end up taking a nap that I didn't really need.  Got dressed for the gym and realized I'd left my ipod in the car, so ran out to get it and check the mail on the way in and found a card from my sister:


The card reads: "You vs. It" on the front and on the inside says "You.  Hands-down.  No doubt in my mind.  You've got this."  Her note says "You have truly amazed me!  I don't think I can accurately described how proud of you I am.  Stick with it!"

I know I've talked about my sister to you all before.  She is the one I visit in Texas.  Anyway, go ahead and be jealous- I know you all wish your sister was this freakin' awesome. :oD

Needless to say, after receiving that card, I headed off the gym with my head held high and surprised myself once again- running for 18 minutes without having to walk for a total of 35 minutes on the treadmill.  Blowing my last "running without walking" record of 13 minutes out of the water by a whopping 5 minutes.  Which, of course, reinforces to me that really, running is a total mind game for me.  Anyway, I was still feeling pretty good after that and did a few sets on our crappy weights machine.  Just another example of the power and positive energy you all give me to succeed with your encouragement and support.

I'm feeling pretty great now.  Lots of endorphins after all that.  Looking forward to a Fourth of July dinner with my parents tonight.  No need to worry, everything is being grilled and I have a plan! :)  For you Americans, happy 4th!  For you Canadians, Happy Canada Day! (sorry I'm late!)  And for those of you in the UK...uhhh...Long live the Queen!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for the shout out! Just got back in from my run and saw this - what a great end to the week!
    And that card is FANTASTIC. Lol, that's what I call family support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, and the support your receiving is amazing.....looks like it help a lot with your attitude on your run....way to break your record...keep it up!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, great post. You are wonderful, keep up with your goals. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just so very proud of you C. I love coming to your blog, your enthusiasm and energy is contagious.

    PS-CJ at Trying to Figure it Out helped me figure out how to comment again, and her tip works. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! That is truly awesome she did that and sent it to you. Way to go C!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very jealous of you for having such supportive family, its deffo the motivation you need! I love the idea of decluttering your life, one of the things on my 101 things to do is to throw away 50 items. eeep.

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)