Saturday, 2 July 2011

July Goals

ONE HUNDRED AND THREE readers!  Gosh I feel so proud!!  But, really it has nothing to do with me at all.  I'm so greatful to have you all here to feed my ego and keep me motivated, and call me out when I'm being ridiculous.  So thank you VERY much to all of you who are here for the long haul, thank you very much for all of you who posted my link, and thank you newcomers for finding value in what I have done.  I hope I don't disappoint you!

At my WI this morning at WW (the official weigh in) I had lost the two pounds I gained last week.  It's great to see the scale moving back in the right direction and I know I'll be kayaking before the end of this month!  I got to take down pounds 179 and 178 this morning- so just 5 more until kayaking! 



I'm doing anything and everything I can to renew my motivation and excitement in this journey.  I'm so close I can smell it!  I've seen a lot of you post a monthly goal or update.  I am still doing the Slimmer This Summer Challenge as well, so now seems like as good a time as any to post some goals.  I'm going to post a weeks worth of goals and a summery of what I hope that the next 4 weeks will accomplish.

This week:
1.  I will exercise 6 days and earn 35 AP's for the week.

2.  I will stick to my DP's and not use my WP's or AP's.  I will do this by preplanning my meals.  This has been very difficult for me lately.  So I think I'm going to say that for 1 week, I will not use them, then the next week, I will allow myself to use half of my WP's for the week (25 extra points).  I'm hoping this plan will help keep me on track so that I have something to work towards, something to look forward to, and avoid feeling deprived, while still watching the scale go down.  We'll see :)

3.  I will up my water intake.  I even bought a new cup to help me.  Drinking is not usually my problem.  The problem is that I drink so quickly that refilling my cup has become quite a chore.  So, I bought the largest BPA free bottle I could find.  It is 64 ounces, or 8 cups.  I easily drink 2-3 a day.



4.  This week I will be avoiding convenience items (usually Morningstar or Boca products).  I have become a bit too reliant on them lately.  I need to get back to cooking my meals from with fresh ingredients from scratch.  I have three recipes planned to make this weekend for the week that I am really looking forward to.

My 30 day goal is that by August 2nd, one month from today, is simple.  I will be in the 160's working my way down.  I'm keep my expectations a little looser and less detailed than usual because there is so much going on in my life right now with career changes and 12 hour days and moving and a hubby looking for work.    Being in the 160's working my way down will mean I have lost at least 7.8 lbs in the next 30 days.  That seems easily doable to me right now, but like I said, with so many other things going on this month, as long as the scale goes down and not up, I'll be happy!

Have you posted your goals?  Do you have goals?  Well you need some!  Go get some!!  I'm also going to be working on a vision board.  I haven't decided what that means yet, but I'm falling more and more in love with the reading I've done on "The Secret" and how it has been working in my life this past month.  This vision board doesn't only cover my weight loss, but also many other facets of my life.  So, I'm sure you'll be seeing that from me soon enough.

I hope you all are celebrating your losses this week and your achievement of successfully making it through another month in your journey.  Here's to the next 30 days of evolving into the people we want to be! Cheers! 

xoxo
-See C.

6 comments:

  1. great post! I posted my my monthly goals too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great goals C.!
    I have done a few vision boards in the past...they can be very powerful
    I would recommend really setting a day aside to do it...time where you can really loose yourself in the desires of your heart
    I did my first one with two other girlfriends...it was a really special afternoon...We first watched a DVD by Louise Hayes..."you can heal your life"...and then we went down into a work room where we each had a table to work on, but on some meditation music and went to town....it was great.
    The next one I did on a girls weekend away with 4 other friends...again very powerful
    one hangs in my room and one in my studio
    they are good reminders of my vision for myself, my family, my life

    keep smiling sista I can see your light shine from here!

    love and light

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your water jug... I need one of those!! I'll have to be on the lookout. I've been using 2 32 oz water bottles that I fill with filtered water & refridgerate to bring to work with me each day. That's so much nicer & I love the color:-) Great goals also, you can make that weight goal... no problem:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are keeping yourself focused and using all the tools and activities to reach your goal. This mindset will carry you on to your goal and I can't wait to share your success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of the sticky notes. I might just have to borrow that one!

    I have made several vision boards over the years and I am thinking about doing a post on it, as well as creating a new vision board. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done breaking the 100 reader mark! It's very well deserved!

    And thank you for the comments you've left on my blog lately, they've largely been the inspiration for my last few posts, and writing them has absolutely cleared away a lot of cobwebs from the 'motivation department'. Its amazing to hear that other people went through similar issues too, as I've never really spoken about them with folks in the 'real world', so finding kindred spirits in the blogosphere absolutely makes one feel better about it all!

    Thanks again, and here's to your NEXT 100 readers!!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)