Saturday, 13 August 2011

Back to the Present

Gosh- I feel like I've been gone a long time!  I know you're all sick of the "updates" post and are ready to be pulled back into the loop of my life. 

Time is flying by here and I've been working VERY hard!  I'll try to make this quick and painless so that we can jump back into the present without an hour long recap:

My Weight
For 30 days (July 12 to Aug 12) I decided to go "off plan."  I've learned a lot of new habits and I wanted to see how far I could get depending on them instead of the scale.  Well, the short answer is that I gained 8 lbs in 30 days.  I won't replay the horror of it, but I basically ate whatever I wanted in quantities untold.  Sooo...can't trust those habits yet.  Good test though, learned something about myself. :)

Anyway, this past Monday, I started the new diet plan the gym job is rolling out to the public as we speak.  I don't want to go into too much detail because I signed a confidentiality agreement with the gym, but I will say...I'm hating it so far.  I'm not sure if I'm just tainted with the WW mindset or what, but I'm now finishing the first week of the diet and I feel like I've been hungry for a year.  Also, this new diet is just that, a DIET.  You are only supposed to use it for 3 month increments.  So, obviously not a long term, life changing program like WW is.  And who likes to DIET?  Certainly not this previously obese blogger!  I'm sticking it out for as long as I can stand to, but I can't WAIT to get back to tracking points! :)

MY LIFE
The end of this month hubby and I are moving.  He's decided to go back to school and so we will be downsizing from our 950sq ft two bedroom 1.5 bath to a 750sq ft loft apartment.  It's in the same community and all, we are just moving around the corner basically.  It's a place Bean and I walk by three times a day.  Unfortunately, these particular apartments fly out the door like hotcakes in our college town, so we've signed into it without actually having SEEN it.  Well, no, that's not true.  We saw one 6 years ago when we were looking for the apartment we live in right now.  So I have a VERY vague recollection of the floor plan.  Needless to say, I've sold just about ALL of our old HUGE furniture and replaced it this past month (mostly through craigslist ads) with different furniture.  I've replaced the couch, the coffee and end tables, and the entertainment center- and even the rug.  And that's just the living room. 

Speaking of Hubby, he loves his new job.  It's simple, blue collar work, for just about decent pay, and he has really fallen in with a great group of guys and made friends quickly.  He is like a whole new person!  I've known how wonderful it is to LIKE to go to work in the morning for years and now I'm thrilled he is feeling the same.  I feel like we are turning a corner in our lives right now with all the change happening.  It's exciting!

Last week, the dentist removed two very loose baby teeth from 5-year-old.  Her new toothless smile melts my heart because she looks so grown up!  She is not a baby anymore, now she is a young lady.  *sigh* Tuesday is the start of the school year here.  5-year-old will be attending Kindergarten.  It will be the first "all day" school she has attended.  We are all a bit anxious about it- though it's kind of silly because even if it's terrible and she hates every minute of it, she will still have to go.LOL  I don't think she will hate every minute of it, just maybe the first month or two... 

1-year-old walks now and is into EVERYTHING.  He is on the brink of his first words and I'm wondering if it might not be "Not in there," "No-no", "Close that", or "No climbing."  ;o)  He is definitely begining to understand phrases like, "Go outside?", "Want to eat?", and "Oh-no!"  He is also starting to gesture and point to things he wants.  He likes to eat food with a fork or spoon, but doesn't have the dexterity to get the food onto the utensil, so he will take the bite of food off of it and hand it back to me so that I can put more food on it. LOL  There isn't anything he won't eat, but his favorite are blueberries.  He also prefers now to use a straw or cup over having a bottle or sippy cup.

Because of school starting, my nanny schedule changes - I go in earlier and leave later.  This, and the fact that I will be spending 3 hours a week in the chiropractor's office for at least the next 90 days, means that it's even harder to schedule me at the gym job.  Can't say I'm too sad about it.  I'm not sure I'm still the right fit for that job.  It's changing in a direction I just don't see myself going.  Lots of sales and promoting.  I'm still willing to see how it plays out at this point, but I'm thinking it may have run it's course.  Life is TOO short to do something you hate!

So tomorrow is my only day off for 10 days, next week school starts, and I move into the second week of a diet I don't really like (at least for now), I'll be spending most of my free time packing this up for the new apartment or to go into storage, at the end of this month we are moving, and then 5 days after that we are going out of state for 5 days to attend a wedding.  Then we will come back home for a week before receiving my cousins as guests in our new place for the weekend of our family reunion.

SHew!!  I'm tired just writing it out!  My life is really going 60 miles and hour right now.  It feels good to be busy and I'm happy I can keep up the pace, but I know it can't last too long!  I'm really hoping to see my calendar clear up around the end of September and try to keep it that way until after the Holidays.  Can you believe they're right around the corner?!

Tomorrow I will be back to talk more about the diet.  I'm going to try as hard as I can to keep up with the blog during this crazy time- but you all might end up with a lot of really short post. :)  I'm going to try to get more into posting pictures again.  You guys have been so patient with me and I'm so lucky to still have you around!

7 comments:

  1. eight pounds is not that bad in a month...
    You ARE very busy. I am wishing you luck in your new place,diet plan and school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥♥♥

    glad to see you around!!!!

    love and light

    ReplyDelete
  3. In terms of accountability and blogging, short posts are definitely better than no posts! Happy to hear ur family is doing well though, I keep telling my boyfriend it'd do us some good to downsize to a smaller apartment as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear the schedule is so hectic, and the 8 lbs, but it was a good learning experience and you're turning it around already- that's the important part! Sending you lots of happy thoughts to get through the next month alive! Those 8lbs don't stand a chance with your schedule! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 8lbs is nothing.....at least you admit to it and are moving on.

    You are a busy lady you will lose it in no time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry the lack of scales hasn't produced the results you want, nor the gym diet. I've found my no-scales way works for me but to be frank the scales have nothing to do with it, its just the state of mind they produce. I fear gaining as I don't weigh so to stop worrying about it I eat terribly sensibly to be certain. Its what I eat that makes the difference, of course. If the no scales approach is taking away the attitude that leads to the best eating, then jump back on them. What works for you has to be the way to go.
    I'm soooo pleased to hear you and DH are turning an exciting corner. A new apartment and furniture sounds soo soo exciting and I'm really pleased for you.
    I do miss you posting words and photos as much but when you describe how busy you are its very understandable.
    I'm sure you will rise to every challenge, its in your nature to succeed!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...you DO have a lot going on!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)