Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Take Two...

So, I know I said I would write about the new diet- oh- two weeks ago or so...but...

Well, that just didn't happen.  I guess I'm not inspired to write about a program I probably wouldn't advocate to my friends.  The new diet IS "working" in the way that I've lost about 11 pounds in 2 weeks.  My biggest gripe is that their "vegetarian" menu is choke full of convenience items and that lunch and dinner must have a "meat" option.  There are very few meals that I can choose from that do not have some form of commercially prepared frozen meat alternative.  Don't get me wrong, when you need fast and easy, you can't beat a quick heat-and-eat meal.  But, if there's one thing I've learned along this journey, it's that I really believe that eating healthy means you actually have to COOK sometimes- using ingredients that were GROWN.  This new diet touts that it is geared toward the woman doing strength training 4 times a week.  Which, is absolutely me and then some.  I do know that I need protein to build muscle and lose fat, but I think that the amount of protein recommended is far more than most people need. 

I've plugged the new diet's menu into my WW tracker online and pointswise- I'm eating about the same amount of food with FAAAAAR fewer options.  Thank goodness this new diets' duration is only 90 days!  My coach for the new diet says that the idea is that after 90 days, this "new" way of eating should be a habit and that people will continue to make the right choices.  PUHLEASE!!!  My coach is also a size 0-2 and has never had a problem with her weight or eating habits.  It's hard for me not to roll my eyes!  I've been eating healthier for 2 years and still can't trust my "habits" without gaining!

Diets asside, I am LOVING my body lately.  I'm really seeing some great muscle definition and I was even complimented on my legs in the store the other day. :oD  Right now I am finding some way to excersize every day and also making in an effort to earn 10,000 steps a day.  I hate pedometers (I think they are all crapp-ily manufactured and reset themselves and are not always accurate), but it's good to know that on average, I'm meeting that recommended goal.

The move is this weekend and my house is TRASHED.  Boxes everywhere, stuff strewn about.  If someone walked in, they'd think a tonado had come through...  And, then weekend after that we're headed out of state for that wedding I've been talking about for months.  I'm getting excited about that becuase I will be seeing a lot of my friends from high school who have only ever seen me FAT.  I know I'm going to look AWESOME in the dress I bought (from Goodwill) and I will be sure to post pictures.

Off to the chiropractor before work with the kiddies. <3

6 comments:

  1. Regardless of what your doing it obviously is working with the compliments and the loss your seeing.....keep it up girly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL
    PUHLEASE!!!!
    lol you make me laught Cole...that is exactly why there is a need for real women like yourself in the gyms today
    I so agree with you about convenience foods
    we need to be eating real food for so many reasons!
    anyways so good to see you here and that you are loven' yourself...as you should, becuase you rock the party gilr!

    was actually talking about you and your journey to a friend today as you are so inspiring!

    love and light

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - 11 pounds in 2 weeks! Too bad this plan is so focused on processed foods. It is one of the reasons I hated jenny Craig - you get so sick of that stuff after a while. Plus you cannot beat healthy home cooked food. At least you are rocking it at the gym - good for you! Have fun at that wedding! Enjoy all of the compliments I am sure you are bound to receive! Relish it girl - you worked hard for them!
    http://buttfatblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the new diet must be doing some good! I don't know if you'd be interested but now that Slimmer this Summer is drawing to a close, I am inviting fellow challengers to join a new challenge. Come and check it out! http://thriceblessed-lessofme.blogspot.com/2011/08/new-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. oo yeah knock them beotches out with the GW dress! I am so happy for your moment of awesomeness! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cant wait to see the dress! and great job on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)