Sunday, 27 November 2011

If it makes you happy. It can't be that bad...

I'm so appreciative of all your comments and "welcome backs."  I even teared up a bit from a few of them.  I guess it's easy for me to forget that I don't have to be perfect to be liked. :)

I was thinking about it a lot last night and realizing that the "Evolution of Me" implies nothing at all about just my weight.  I always meant this to be a blog about my life and pursuing the things that make me happy.  I got caught up in the weight loss for awhile and some how forgot that there are so many other things I do!!

Lately with Christmas coming, I've been making gifts for my friends and family.  Did you know I crochet?
This is for my new niece's 1st Christmas gift from her Auntie Coco. :)

Checkerboard.  The pieces are hidden in a crocheted envelope in the back.

Dove ornament.

Lariet necklace.

Punkin Hat.

Santa Hat
Lap blanket that will go inside a previously made tote packed for the movie theater.
I've been working on these projects since September or so and I still have two more in the works (cupcakes and an infinity scarf.)  I feel a lot of pride for them.  Each project is a lesson in persistence pays off.  Each tiny little knot is part of something beautiful. :)

I've tried knitting a few times, but as yet, I just don't love it as much as I love crochet.

I've also been baking for my family.  Losing weight or not, real food made with love is a magical experience and I always feel great sharing the simple pleasures of pumpkin bread (my secret recipe) with my loved ones.


My Thanksgiving was great, too.  Maybe I'll post about that tomorrow.  ...Just trying to get back into the swing of things.  I'm so grateful for you all!

4 comments:

  1. Love your crochet projects. I learned to crochet when I was about eight years old so I've been doing it for a long, long time. I took knitting lessons about six or seven years ago but, like you, I don't like it as much. I understand it is more versatile but it takes me a really long time to make any progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i make stuff for my family around this time too. your stuff is amazing. i love it. you're such an awesome crocheter. i love love love the owl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute gifts you have made! I wish I knew how to crochet, I did years ago but only for like a year, now I don't remember how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love the necklace!!!!
    do you plan to sell those????? ; )

    Love and Light lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)