Thursday, 12 January 2012

"Herbie of the Week"

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!

I'M SO EXCITED!!!

I told you all that I wrote to the author of The Happy Herbivore, Lindsay Nixon, and

SHE WROTE ME BACK!! :o)))))

She said, and I quote, "Xoxox"  !!!!!

Okay, so here is how it all went down...This is what I wrote to her:

Lindsay, 

May I call you Lindsay?  I hope so...  Your book has been in my kitchen for the past two weeks now and I've read it cover to cover.  I kinda feel like we know each other.

My name is C. and I'm on a two year journey to better health.  In the process, I have lost 140 lbs, and of course, dramatically changed my life.  You can see my journey here, but the reason I'm writing is to tell you that I received your book as a Christmas gift this year and it has really reignited my passion for cooking.  I'm elbow deep into the main meals, my freezer is stocked with "Lasagna Rolls", and am sitting here waiting quite impatiently for my first batch of "Carrot Cake Cupcakes" to cool enough to be frosted with the vegan cream cheese frosting you taught me how to make!

So, thank you, Lindsay.  For what you've done.  It really means a lot for a girl who struggles with a healthy lifestyle to be excited to cook and eat food that is nourishing to my body and my soul. :)

Fondly,

C. Xoxo


AND SHE WROTE ME BACK!  "xoxox"

SO COOL, right?!  RIGHT!!

Anyway, that's not EVEN the coolest part because a couple days ago I get an email for her assistant (fancy!) asking to feature me in their "Herbie of the Week" post!  ME!?  Imagine that!!

Of COURSE I said "YES!" emphatically!  This girl may be a food addict, but she ain't stupid!

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Lol, your reader numbers are gonna EXPLODE, I hope you know that!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)