Monday, 27 February 2012

First week back to WW

Back to Weight Watchers and feeling GREAT!  Down 3 lbs on my first weigh in on Saturday.  I've decided to stop writing this blog with the expectation that other people will read it.  While I do so enjoy your company around here, it's stressful for me to feel pressured to write to you all- all conversational and in order when really in my head I pretty much think in bullet points.LOL  So I'm just writing for me.

I have had a hard time getting back into the habit of breakfast.  Most likely that's because for about a month there (while I was binging) I would eat so much the night before that I was still waking up full and wouldn't eat again until lunch.  Anyway, this morning it's raining and that made me decide on a boiled egg and a warm cup of mocha (made with just water) for 3 pts.  It was simple, quick, and not too filling.  I'll know that I'm back to "normal" eating when I can wake up without my fingers being swollen sausages for the first half hour in the morning.

I'm not completely certain about what I'll eat lunch yet, but I'm thinking it will probably be a vegetable stir fry, and  I may add some beans for more protein.  I have been craving tuna lately though.  I'm trying to steer myself back into a mostly vegetarian diet (because that's when I felt my best), but I don't want to deprive myself too strictly yet or that all-or-nothing attitude will knock me over.  I just keep telling myself, "C., don't get cocky...you're still walking a fine line."

Yesterday Hubby and I went roller skating.  Me for the first time in a long time, him EVER!  He used to roller blade as a kid, but never on skates.  He had a GREAT time and is really sore. LOL  I had fun too.  We are looking forward to doing it again.  WW says that 10 minutes of roller skating earns 2 activity points.  I think that's a bit high...  Next week I'm going to wear my polar watch and see what I'm actually burning.

Exercise has been a struggle for me too.  I'm bored with it.  It just doesn't sound fun.  Rollerskating was though!  But I won't e able to do that but once a week or so, so I've GOT to find something else.  There are lots of classes offered through my YMCA membership- but the ones I'm interested in right now are conflicting with my work schedule.  ...I just have to keep trying and stay on top of it.

Even though I'm back to just under 200 lbs (my lowest being 173), I'm feeling great about my progress.  I'm still down 120 lbs from where I started.  I still like how I look.  I still feel like I can do anything I want.  I still feel attractive and sexy.  They call it a journey for a reason, and now I've learned about myself and am ready to carry on.  My goal is 180lbs.  Because of all that- I got my nose pierced.  I've wanted to do it for awhile but always felt like only the pretty girls did that.  Well, I'm a pretty girl now. :)



OH!  Also got a cute new skirt!!  I take pictures in the dressing room of new clothes because for some reason what I see in the mirror is NOT what shows up in a picture.  Wonder if anyone else has that problem?  Body dysmorphia?  ...Spring HAS to be just around the corner...

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see you back!!
    You are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you! 20lb is nothing youmwill getnrid of thatnin no time! Skirt looks oh so cute! you look sooooo young and happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Cole! I found your story on Happy Herbivore, and it's very motivating. :) I love roller skating too, actually roller derby was what broke me out of my rut as well (235lbs when I joined).

    I'm now down to 170, and I absolutely understand the body dysmorphia, it's driving me crazy! I still see this big girl in the mirror, and no matter what photos and my clothes hanging off me say, my brain hasn't caught up yet.

    Good luck with your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)