Thursday, 24 May 2012

#5 People I'd Be Stuck In A Box With

My sister gets here tomorrow and I'm SO SO SO excited.  My sister is definitely in my top 5 people I would choose to an eternity with in a locked box if ever needed.  We're very much alike in all the right ways.

I've been using her visit as a way to avoid "bad" (not in compliance with my goals) options.  And I've used it to make SURE I get into a group fitness class everyday.  It's been difficult, I won't lie.

Sometimes hourly I'm telling myself, "C., don't eat that, you'll have an opportunity to indulge some this weekend with family.  Just wait until then.  Yes, you can wait until then.  It will be worth it.  If you eat it, how will you feel?  You'll wish you hadn't.  So just don't eat it.  DON'T EAT IT!!  Just walk away...  SPIT THAT OUT!!!  RIGHT NOW!!  No, don't even look back.  LEAVE THE EFFING KITCHEN YOU RETARD!!"

...and...

"I'm SO tired.  I don't know if I have the energy to get through a whole aerobics class.  Can I skip it?  ...My (fill in the blank) is sore from last nights' class, maybe I should just stay home and rest.  EFF that, C., you can rest when you're dead.  Your sister is coming this weekend.  You know she will talk to you about it.  She will be so proud of you.  I'll do it because I love her.  Take yo ass ta class, girl..."

So it's been tough, but I'm hanging on and the scale is agreeing.  I'm feeling great.  I'm feeling better about how I look.  I'm proud that I'm keeping up with the other people in my aerobics class.  I feel like my body is happy with the changes I've made.  I'm praying that the momentum I've built up these past few weeks waiting for her arrival will carry me through after she leaves as well.

I'm looking for new motivation as we speak.

This was the last time I saw my sister, in St. Louis, June 2011.  Going around the table from the bottom left, sister that is visiting, then my mom, my grandmother, my grandfather, my brother, his two sons, my other sister, and my Dad. :o)  You know, thinking back to my earlier statement about people I wouldn't mind being stuck in a box with, all the women shown here are in the top 5.  Hubby is #1, of course.


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the idea of asking myself who my five people are!!
    and you? Id say a big NSV on the keeping up in class.
    HUGE.


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)