Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Easy to Pack to Keep You On Track

I've been loving B.L.T.'s this week! Such a great, fresh, summer concoction, and still can be made to feel like a hearty meal! I make mine with Sara Lee Delightful 100% Whole Wheat bread (2pts+), a Garlic & Herb Laughing Cow cheese wedge (1pts+), Butter Ball thin sliced turkey bacon (3 slices=2pts+), mixed greens, and a tomato (a firm one). My chickpeas are pretty much a lunch staple for me (3pts+) but I season them differently. I'm also loving carrots in hummus (2pts+). Awesome 8 pts+ lunch that's easy to pack to help keep you on track.

I bake the bacon like this to make sure I get a piece in every bite!


I cut 3 slices in half and then weave them together.  Takes a bite more time than just throwing them on the pan or in a skillet, but I think the effect is worth it, and they keep well in a ziplock bag for about 5 days.

My friend brought me some garden grown eggplant and I couldn't wait to try my hand at an eggplant parmesan.  So Cupcake helped me and we found a great WW recipe (7pts+) that everyone loved. :)


Hope you're having a great week!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love your healthy lunch. Thanks for the tip. I will definitely be trying this! That looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)