Monday, 2 July 2012

Running out of words.

I'm here.  I'm doing well.  I am on track.  I read lots of your posts and you always seem to have so much to say.  Such interesting lives.  Whereas me, I'm just not sure what to tell you guys about any more.

I can't (and probably won't ever) say  I've got a handle on my weight.  I've told you all before I think it will probably be a constant battle of me gaining a few and losing a few pounds for the rest of my life.  That's what happens you when you've got a food addiction.  I hope as time goes by I will be able to make those few pounds fewer and fewer and at some point figure out this whole "weight maintenance" people keep talking about...  But right now that pretty much seems like the holy grail.  All I can do is keep my eye on the prize...

What do you guys want to hear about?  I know some of you who are still in the beginning stages of your journey are here.  What is it you want to know?  Are there things you want to ask me?  I'm an open book.  What would you like me to share with you?

I was thinking that I would like to start a weekly post on what I've got in my lunch box.  A lot of you seem to struggle with packing food and being prepared for the day...

I'd also like to continue to do posts about food presentation (especially for children) because I know for me, the healthy food has to look more appealing  than the not-so-healthy options for me to feel like I'm getting the better end of the deal.

Red pepper hummus and carrot pinwheels with orange segments surrounding mixed greens with string cheese sliced into rounds and Italian dressing for dipping.

I'm ready for Independence Day!  This is the first year I've felt comfortable wearing a tank top.  I have a lot of loose skin on my arms and I've had people (like my manicurist) notice and ask me about it.  I am self conscious about it, however, I'm choosing to wear it like a badge and utilize it as a witnessing tool for healthy living!  Besides, the tank tops really show off my curves- and I do like that.  I bought this tank on Saturday.  I was one of the crazy's standing in line at 7:30am to get in on Old Navy's $1 flip flop sale.  The shirt is a large, the jeans are a 16 (though, I think a 14 would probably fit at this point.)

Current weight low-190-something and feeling good!
I guess that's all for now.  I do truly hope a few of you will come out of the woodwork if you've got any questions for me.  If you'd like to be anonymous, shoot me and email with your question and let me know you want to remain unnamed, I totally respect that.  Can you believe that I started this journey 3 years ago?  It's changed my life so much I feel like a whole different person!  Some days, I can barely remember what life was like before.  Then I see this...


And I am humbled by it and then proud of myself all at the same time.  If I can do it, you can too. And if I can help you, I will do everything in my power to do so.  Just tell me what you need.

OH!  PS:  This is this years swim suit shot.  Sorry the pic isn't fabulous.  It was taken in the midst of trying several on.  I know I've told you before that I take pictures in the dressing room because my eyes see differently than the camera... Last year on the left, this year on the right: my weight is pretty much the same. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your blog and always have. It always catches my eye because of the "in the panties" pics at the top---I HAVE THE SAME BEHIND LOL When I first found your blog, I was like "omw, there is MY bottom" LOL

    I do like hearing about your life. Are you still a nanny? I like seeing your healthy foods and just whatever you want to write about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl. From the what I thought was a front action doo rag, but later you told me it was a Christmas bow...to now-so awesome! Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)