Thursday, 20 September 2012

In a Good Place...



My beautiful, wonderful, genius, triathlete SIL, Nancy, (HI!!) messaged me that she'd been sharing my success with her friend (HI FRIEND!) through the blog, and I realized that my last post was leaving a bit to be desired...

It's been awhile.  This blog has really fallen to the weigh-side (haha, punny!) for me.  It's not that I'm not here and in the struggle, in the moment, and constantly working toward improving my health mentally and physically.  It's just that I'm so busy doing all those things and tracking my intake and my activity, and planning my menus, and talking to people about it, walking the walk and talking the talk, that I really don't feel a strong to desire to come home and write about it, too.

So I'm just updating as life presents itself with little bits of my life that I want to share or remember.  Sometimes pictures, sometimes recipes, sometimes crying or yelling, sometimes success and sometimes failure.  This is my life and my struggle and in so many ways I'm thankful it's not more.  I'm grateful that my struggle is in eating too much rather than not having enough to eat...


I'm exercising at least 5 times a week.  I'm pretty much in love with step aerobics right now, but also taking 2 weights classes each week.  Because of this, my muscles are strong and I can see the tone.  I am fit and don't generally feel too out of breath even at the height of my cardio classes.  I am able to complete two classes in one day occasionally without much soreness or recovery necessary.  My body feels lean and I can fit in all the clothes in my closet (with the exception of my "Goal Garment", a winter coat that is a size too small still).  I feel strong and fit, and have lots of energy.  I'm sleeping well and feeling happy and positive.  I am down a jean size and bought my first pair of skinny jeans last week. :)



 I'm tracking everything I eat and staying within my points ranges.  I'm eating healthy whole foods, cooking at home, and keeping it interesting with new recipes and kitchen gadgets.  Right now I'm learning how to use my pressure cooker and am pretty excited with the results!  Today I made Green Bean Casserole (not in pressure cooker) in honor of autumn finally arriving with cooler mornings and evenings and less humidity.  And, also because Cupcake has been asking for it since LAST Thanksgiving. LOL  It's one of her favorites, so I found a lightened up recipe and I know she will be so excited!

A friend I met through WW about two years ago has created her own support group called Be Healthy, Feel Beautiful and we've been chatting it up all over Facebook.  It's really awesome to have a group of people who are so supportive.  Additionally, my very favorite WW meeting leader has returned this September, so I'm back to going to meetings, too!  It really does seem to make all the difference to have accountability!  At my weigh-in last night I was down SEVEN pounds so far this month which puts me at 194.2, that is 6 lbs below my "ceiling"!  WOOoooo!

I'm in a good place.  I am succeeding and so happy to be out of the doldrums I was in for the last few months.  I read your blogs and comment occasionally.  It's nice to know that you guys are still stopping by here every once in awhile, too.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)