Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Battle Scars and Progress Pics

I'm meeting with Angie (personal trainer) today for my first  workout so I asked Hubby to take some new "before pictures" so we can watch how the workouts will effect my body. :)

A lot of you have mentioned how "brave" I am for posting pictures that reveal so much, but honestly, I show less than a lot of bath suits do.  And, I'm proud of my body.  Of course there are "imperfections" (loose skin, winkles, bulges) but I just see all that as my battle scars.  Because the truth is, my body looks a hellovalot better than it has in the past and I think it's important to show the truth of my journey.  Besides, if you've ever tried to lose weight, I'm sure you've heard the saying "what you put inside, everyone sees on the outside."  I do this so that people who are also struggling can see that we are all in it together.  No, I will never ever look like a celebrity in a fashion magazine, I will never look like a svelte teenager in a string bikini, but I look like I woman who has turned her life around and has become something she always wanted to be...healthy!  And I'm proud of it.  You should be too.  So without further ado...





So there it is.  Here I am weighing in at 178.0 lbs.  I'm looking forward to seeing more muscle tone in my future pictures.  Someday, once I've reached what I feel like is my "ideal" weight and muscle tone, I would like to have the skin removal surgury that most people call a "body lift."  If only to be able to find pants that fit my legs AND my waist.  But until then, this is what I have to work with and I refuse to be embarassed by it.  Because when I started this journey, this is what I was contending with:


I was so very sad and hopeless then.  So if this body that I treated so badly didn't give up and has carried me through 3 years of transformation, then I will love it from now on for all that it is and all that it can be instead of being ashamed of what it started out as.  Just call me the ugly duckling. :)

7 comments:

  1. Yay you! I'm somewhere between the two pics. You are doing great...you are so inspiring..and I am looking forward to reading about your experiences with the trainer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Battle Scars, Awesome way to look at it! (I'm stealing that by the way)

    Thanks for the encouraging post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see ya there...battle scars IS a great way of seeing it. I had a Dungeons and Dragons character that had a battle scar on her face. Her hair would fall half way over it. A cruel Dungeon Master worked in a healing spell. My character was so bummed out because it WAS a reminder of the battle and the victory survival beyond that point. Pardon me geek moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work, you are an inspiration to those of us pursuing weight loss for health reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just found your blog ...congrats on the weight loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... that was really kind of you to share the images and also the thought "... then I will love it from now on for all that it is"...

    I just discovered your blog and I'm very inspired. thanks and best best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)